FS: RROD Elite 360 with HDMI and Power Cables-cheap

snowpenguin

Frequent Poster
got a rrod 360 elite. I'd like to get a good amount for it, considering the white rrod consoles alone can go for $40, and this is an elite with cables.

S6302018.jpg

There's no difference between an elite and a pro, just a different case. That's also an early elite with the crappy grey colour and not a real black like the new ones. (I have both, I should know)
What disk drive does it have and what error code does it have? What dashboard was it on before rrod, and what mobo revision is it? (looks like a falcon, but I could be wrong)

I know there's no difference, just some people like black better, and there's not many black consoles with rrod being sold.

I dunno about either of those, I herd there was a way to find out the error code? I can check, all i know is 3redrings.

Uh, it's about the same color as its psu, a bit darker, uses a 175 watt psu.

I really don't want to have to open it to check the disc drive, is it important? :/

snowpenguin said:
I know there's no difference, just some people like black better, and there's not many black consoles with rrod being sold.

I dunno about either of those, I herd there was a way to find out the error code? I can check, all i know is 3redrings.

Uh, it's about the same color as its psu, a bit darker, uses a 175 watt psu.

I really don't want to have to open it to check the disc drive, is it important? :/
It's important for me.
So, I'm assuming it's a falcon from the hdmi cables and 175w psu. Different error codes mean different reasons for red rings, I want to know what the problem is before I consider taking up your offer. And, I want to jtag it if I can fix it so I need to know what dash it's on.

Well how do I find out the error code?

And how the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* am I supposed to find out what dashboard it has if it's rrod?

snowpenguin said:
Well how do I find out the error code?

And how the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* am I supposed to find out what dashboard it has if it's rrod?
Turn on the console it it should show up on screen(well, it might)
Well, you might have know. Let me ask you another question that'll help me find out about the dash version: when did you last connect the thing to live?

dunno. but first, I guess you can't use a 203W PSU on it? No? Oh well, tried it, got a red light on the psu, unplugged and everything seems to be working, the console still has rrod and the psu still powers the 203w xbox.

Do you need me to open it and check the disc drive?

uh, let's see. I paid 60 shipped, so, 50 plus shipping? shipping was $10 priority on it, and I think priority flat rate to canada for medium is $15, so that would be $65 shipped, I think.

I'd rather not lose too much more money on it, but if that's not doable, I'm willing to think about all offers. anything is better than nothing, I suppose, but I'd rather get more of course :p

snowpenguin said:

ririok.jpg

Also, a RROD 360 is worth practically nothing nowadays, considering you can get a used 360 for about $100 now.

Thank you for your wonderful input about the worth of it, but ebay prices tend to differ, you can still sell a rrod console only for $35-$40, and bundles like the one I bought usually go for more than $60 shipped, including recent prices after the new one. As well as that, the disc drive does not open, and mako doesn't mind anyway.

MAKO, WHERE THE FUXX ARE YOU FFFFF-

If you look at the picture you can see you don't even have to open the disc drive, just look at the color of the wire through that hole. If that still doesn't work, all 360 drives come with an manual eject mechanism, just get a paper clip and stick it in the e emergency hole to eject the tray.

Back