Freaking GC memory card - error?

Jidan

JEEEEEEEEDAN
I get the error "object in Memory Slot cannot be used" or something even now that I've desoldered everything off of it and stuff. I tried to connect it but it didn't work... I'm wiring the memory card to the motherboard btw...can anyone help :(

Re: Freaking memory card - error?

It would help to know what system the memory card is for. Gamecube, Xbox, Playstation 2?

Its gotta be a short or a missing trace. Here's what you need to do. Put that memory card chip back together and test it out on another working Gamecube.

In case you haven't already, buy a working Gamecube that you will leave as is. TRUST ME, you will want this normal Gamecube when it comes time to test your portable and troubleshoot.....like with the memory card.

If the mem card works on the normal Gamecube, then you soldered it wrong to your portable. If it doesnt work on the normal GC, then the mem card is probably fried or still has a short in it somewhere...which is bad.

I am thinking it was 3, SS. Anyway, I've decided to scrap this one and do some work on a Rev C gamecube sometime. Now that I've learned a lot of neater soldering techniques with this whole memory card incident and learned more of the might of super glue, I think I stand a much better chance. And I'll also be using the actual port, as opposed to the memory card itself, heheh...which I will be asking for help on, probably. I'll also be bugging people about the circuits and such for the batteries :)

Thanks for the help you guys, I really appreciate it and hope you'll be as tolerant of my inevitable future problems :)

Jidan said:
I am thinking it was 3, SS. Anyway, I've decided to scrap this one and do some work on a Rev C gamecube sometime. Now that I've learned a lot of neater soldering techniques with this whole memory card incident and learned more of the might of super glue, I think I stand a much better chance. And I'll also be using the actual port, as opposed to the memory card itself, heheh...which I will be asking for help on, probably. I'll also be bugging people about the circuits and such for the batteries :)

Thanks for the help you guys, I really appreciate it and hope you'll be as tolerant of my inevitable future problems :)

Oh guess what dude? I had that same memory card error happen tonight! It said my mem card was corrupted! WTF!!! I hadn't done anything wrong either. So, I jiggled my connection a little, and it worked after that! I believe it was because my mem card had jiggled out a little and the connection wasn't strong.

So, if you ever get that error again, don't just assume you ruined the mem card. Try to fiddle with it! ;)

Any unofficial memory card I have ever used in my Gamecube became corrupted within a week of use. That used to piss me off when I was younger.

Anyway, read above for answers and problem solving.

Thanks again for the replies and information, guys! I've bookmarked this page to go back to it in case I need it again - the memory card was a Madcatz, which probably explains a lot. On my GCp, I'm going to be moving the memory card slot instead... :p

btw, I heard of people wiring sd card slots instead of the memcard slots, could you just wire in a micro sd card slot?
that would be ideal in a portable, wouldn't it?

jelte1234

Only if you use a modchip that allows that. And if anyone needs it, the error was because of crappy wiring. Use controller wire, not 22 gauge solid wire! :p

Back