First project

hello everyone, ive come and have been looking around on this site for a while caue i have an n64 that i have been wanting to make portable. dont call me stupid!! but where exactly would i go to learn about/purchase what i need for soldering. also i need to learn about all the wiring that you have to do when you open up the console and get to the motherboard and slim it down and all that crazy stuff. i was wondering too what the cheapest way of forming youre case is? im a complete beginner and i have no experince at all. i know yall will think im an idiot, but i dont care, cause you have to start somewhere, and im willing to do whatever it takes(even if that means looking like and idiot ;).

The best thing you can do is read stickies, guides, and worklogs, until you get the basic gist of how portablizing works, look around the forums and look at older projects. It's fun too.

sweet thanks, the only other thing is i need to learn how to read the diagrams that have a bunch of lines and boxes and look like some kind of electrical engineering thing. i couldnt ever figure it out. one of them is under general information>voltage>mega-sticky>charge and play switch diagram.

Feel free to ask if you need any help, we're always willing to help explain something further if you need it. Read the stickies first, if you have anything you need clarified or more help with, just let us know.

Back