First ever project an n64 portable worklog

Here's an n64 board up against it. Completely unmodified.
GEDC0001-1.jpg

I think if you use modest heatsinks and don't use monstrous batteries, it's possible. If you don't try it, then I will. :p

Like I said, controls are the issue if you plan on using a PSone screen. It can be done, but not comfortably.

The psone screen looks perfect, but if controls are an issue, then a 4 inch is probably best. Here's a pic of the dx 3.5 inch on top of a psone case:
GEDC0002.jpg

Too small for my taste, but bleh. Depends on what you want, I suppose.

Meh, I think that the 3.5" one is just fine.

BTW- loving all the random pics of "here's this on top of a psone!" It reminds me of my random assortment of electronic gizmos.

zeturi said:
The psone screen looks perfect, but if controls are an issue, then a 4 inch is probably best. Here's a pic of the dx 3.5 inch on top of a psone case:

Too small for my taste, but bleh. Depends on what you want, I suppose.

I totaly agree with Snowpenguin. 4" or 4,5 inch would be :awesome:,
but even BETTER a 50" plasma OLED tv :awesome:
Wouldn't fit the PSone case though :cry4:

Basement_Modder said:

BTW- loving all the random pics of "here's this on top of a psone!" It reminds me of my random assortment of electronic gizmos.
Please be aware the the 3.5" isn't working with n64s, for some reason. Marshallh couldn't get it working, and another member. But if Marshallh couldn't get it working, then it'll never work at all.

But if someone used a 3.5 inch screen, it then I think everything could be enclosed in the portable. Even the cartridge slot.

Sorry for threadjacking, how's progress, Modder?

zeturi said:
Basement_Modder said:

Please be aware the the 3.5" isn't working with n64s, for some reason. Marshallh couldn't get it working, and another member. But if Marshallh couldn't get it working, then it'll never work at all.

But if someone used a 3.5 inch screen, it then I think everything could be enclosed in the portable. Even the cartridge slot.

Sorry for threadjacking, how's progress, Modder?

The 3.5" I bought from DealExtreme works just fine with all consoles. :

http://forums.benheck.com/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=34124

I have a slightly different one, which is what I assumed everyone else was talking about.
sku_14781_1.jpg

The guts of yours look very similar to mine, though, so I'm wondering if it is a recase. The one is also supposed to be excellent on power consumption. No extension for the ribbon cables though.

PalmerTech said:
Same LCD.

Are you saying that his Lcd is the same as the one I reviewed from DealExtreme. Because if you are I would have to disagree. Different board and different lcd.

DX has several 3.5" LCDs, I have this one: http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.14781

There are also a tons of these screens on ebay for around $40. I have one of these DX screens, then I saw it on eBay and bought it to compare. Has the same mobo and LCD.

I forgot to follow your link, you are using a different one than I has seen on DX. Sorry. :sweat:

Back