explenations please

Reaper

so i took apart my gamecube last nigh and i came acroos this port, i think thats what you call it, it's right by the Analalog av out, it's called Digital av out,

anyway can someone tell me what these two are and how they work so i can figure out the difrence between them

also im lost at why i need a ground cable, yes it will fry the system, but if all the ground cable does is evenly disperse the electricity through the two wires why not just use any old wire

whats so special and spacfic about the ground wire and how exactly does it keep the voltage from becomin out of control

nuclear-explosion.jpg

A/V out is your connection from your Gamecube to the TV or screen. Digital and Analog are two different signal types. You'll probably be using the Analog A/V out. In this image, it's the one on the right.

Give us more of an explanation on what you mean by "ground cable" :confused: Yes, ground cable can almost be any old wire. It has to be thick enough to allow enough of the current to travel through the wire.

Explanation on ground from Wikipedia

Jidan said:
nuclear-explosion.jpg

A/V out is your connection from your Gamecube to the TV or screen. Digital and Analog are two different signal types. You'll probably be using the Analog A/V out. In this image, it's the one on the right.

Give us more of an explanation on what you mean by "ground cable" :confused: Yes, ground cable can almost be any old wire. It has to be thick enough to allow enough of the current to travel through the wire.

Explanation on ground from Wikipedia

okay so i got a basic understanding i have a chip (green board thing it has a few things on it but it's like built into it, like theres these gray lines all over and such) connected to my power port on my gamecube and then i have my fan connected up to that chip through another white port thing (which is hooked onto the green board) , and it has two wires coming into the fan and vice versa

how do i determine whats the right wire, and the wrong wire when i need to (hard, as in take the connector of and solder it on directly) wire something together

so if my understanding is correct the electricity goes through that chip then through first wire and into the fan and then back out the second wire, where does that electricity go to does it go back into the chip the fan is connected to or does it circle back up the first wire in a constant loop again and again and so forth?

and if that is correct how do i determine how thick i need the ground wire to be, like how do i kno w how much voltage to have the wire take away, cause if i take away to much the fan will not work but if i take away to little BOOM GOES THE FAN

for power lines use from 26 to 22 gauge wire ground needs to be connected . ground doesnt take away voltage.

you need resistors to take away voltage and look on your fan for a rating it should either be around 12v or 7v then just attach the right voltage to the fan ground wont take away voltage ground doesnt have any voltage runnin in it anyway ...ithink

Back