E3 POLL- How do you feel about Mario 3D World for the WiiU?

How do you feel about Mario 3D World for the WiiU

• I thought it looked awesome! Definitely a WiiU seller :)

Votes: 2 16.7%
  • It looks cool, but not as epic as mario 64, Sunshine, or Galaxy :neutral2:

Votes: 6 50.0%
  • It looks terrible; WTF, a handheld experience on the WiiU!? :(

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Tchay

Frequent Poster
SO! How did You feel about Mario 3D World for the WiiU??

VOTE!

Vote ends in 3 days. So you are welcome to change your vote if Nintendo changes your mind in the next few days ;)

I read through a TON of IGN comments in several sections of IGN, and I would say the numbers are as such (very rough estimate, mind you):
%70 - disappointed (expecting a larger scale mario game for console)
%30 - excited (thinking it looks fun and new)

Re: E3 POLL- How do you feel about Mario 3D World for the Wi

There's no option for "I haven't seen the trailer, and don't care enough to look for it, because the Wiiu is bad, and i'd rather waste my money on drugs and sex toys"

samjc3 said:
There's no option for "I haven't seen the trailer, and don't care enough to look for it, because the Wiiu is bad, and i'd rather waste my money on drugs and sex toys"

thats because everyone would go for that option!!!! It wouldn't even be a poll then.

From the trailer I think I would like to play it, but I wouldn't expect the kind of epic masterpiece like 64 or galaxy. This looks like a more 3D land style of game, taking many elements seen before in Mario games and refining it into an elegant solution. Unfortunately elegant solutions aren't always interesting.

Tchay said:
I read through a TON of IGN comments in several sections of IGN, and I would say the numbers are as such (very rough estimate, mind you):
%70 - disappointed (expecting a larger scale mario game for console)
%30 - excited (thinking it looks fun and new)
lol ign. Not many places with as much Nintendo contempt as ign.

Not really digging the cat suit. Tanooki did just fine, don't really see the point in something very similar.

Nintendo clearly targeting the moetaku audience with cat peach this time around.

I think they realized they needed to get games that sell out on the console quick and just decided to port 3D Land's style to Wii U because easy.

HuntheUniverse said:
I think they realized they needed to get games that sell out on the console quick and just decided to port 3D Land's style to Wii U because easy.
You do realize none of Nintendo's games are coming out until late this year/early next year.

Likewise this game looks to be really only similar to 3D land in style.

Antome said:
HuntheUniverse said:
You do realize none of Nintendo's games are coming out until late this year/early next year.

Likewise this game looks to be really only similar to 3D land in style.

I do realize this. 3D World is coming before the end of the year. Mario Kart in spring. That's faster than if they created a whole new in-depth game like Sunshine or Galaxy or etc.
I agree with you on the style point.

Back