Donate to Wikipedia

ToastBucket

tost
Wikipedia is a pretty nice guy. He helps me and stuff. Give him some money.

https://wikimediafoundation.org/w/index ... FBack-fire

77fr9gf

wiki-fundraiser-scopophobia-600.jpg

I find it funny that Wikipedia editors won't let anybody add Wikipedia to the list of internet begging sites.

Actually, it is. I'm pretty sure all internet begging sites are free to access and ask nicely for donations. I fail to see the point in your sarcasm.

It's probably because they are personal appeals. These employees are asking for donations to Wikipedia, claiming it comes from them. So they are begging, not Wikipedia.

Wikipedia asks those employees to make "personal appeals" when they're running low on cash, then dedicates almost every single page on their site to asking for money.

Wikipedia is a nice site and deserves the cash, but it doesn't change the fact that they're internet begging and refuse to admit it for whatever reason.

Before this thread was made I donated 10 bucks.

I've used wikipedia SO MUCH. Like, 10 bucks for the past 10 years of use? Thats a steal.

And I think "begging" and "asking" are two totally different things. Even if begging has become a term for requesting online donations, its derogatory, and wikipedia doesn't deserve that IMO.

ShockSlayer said:
But everyone's opinion matters! :dah:

Right, and if everyone thought wikipedia was flax? Well, wikipedia wouldn't be around.

How bout THEM apples?

Back