• No

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ShockSlayer

Probably SS
What do YOU think?

I've had several complaints about the chat not having enough mods around when they are needed, so we've thought about appointing a chatmod or two.

If you think we could use another chatmod or two, then select YES. Public elections may follow.

If you think the chat is just fine, and doesn't need any more mods, then select NO.

Thanks everyone!

SS

Usually extra moderation = Beta, jleemero, and grossaffe kicking people just for the Heck of it. I say no.

Maybe I should try to make thread asking if I can become a mod :lol:

Perhaps we need a moderator revamp?

Lol J.D, if you had read the post you would see that this is to see if people want to ADD a chatod ro two to be there when the current mods and admins AREN'T. ;)

EDIT in response to J.D's edit: J.D, this is for when there are NO mods there. NONE. And no, I don't think we need a mod/admin revamp, we are absolutely fine and we have a great team right now.

If you guys are unhappy with the current mods, we could always have a fair re-election. I have a feeling most of them would end up staying, if not all. :p

I think:

1) "More" moderation won't be any different than what we have now, we need better moderation, in the form of more straightforward guidelines for doing so.
That is to say, a *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ING RULES LIST.

2) Higher Expectations of the Moderation Staff.
ShockSlayer, I swear to god I'm losing count of the complaints I get about your shenanigans.
Even Palmer pulls flax he ought not.
Do I? Of course! And I get away with it! Just like all the others!
Doesn't make it a good thing.

Significant Post Time-Stamp
555th post, Happy Halloween
10:03PM 10/31/09
Computer: XZTM
Girlfriend: Shig
Car: Big Red

There have been a couple of cases where there was no mod available when there should have been one there (there's also times when there's 4+ on at one time), so I voted yes because it couldn't hurt. However, I do agree with Jlee's post about having guidelines for the current mods.

How I See it:

Most mods/admins come in, kick people who are annoying, and talk to others. Some say "GEE I AM BORED TIME FOR /KICKALL" and some just kick snowpenguin when he doesn't deserve it. a lot of times, there is no Mod at all. Also, most of the time, ShockSlayer only logs in for a split second to say stuff like :awesome: .

This poll is set to never end. should we pick a date to end it?

It appears as of now that the chat needs moar moderation, so should we wait or move on to the next step?

SS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back