Does an iPad have to be linked

megana

Newb
Does an iPad have to be linked to a credit card to download free stuff? Ive had my iPad linked to a small pre paid card but it recently ran out, now I can't download anything, not even free updates for my apps. Is there any way I can download free stuff without having to link my iTunes account to a working credit card?

Stop being jerks guys. Yeah, it's a dumb question, yeah, he could google it. But if you can help, help. And if you can't/don't want to, then shut the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* up.

No, iPods aren't linked to cash/credit cards... They're linked to iTunes, which is linked to your account, which uses either gift cards or credit cards. As long as you still have your account in order, you should be able to download free apps and firmware updates.

what i was talking about is that it is possible to create an appstore account without any credit card info, just go on itunes on your pc, go to the appstore section and not itunes store, and crete an account, the option of "no payment method" or whatever will be there when you choose your payment method. However it won't work if you do it on your ipod, or on the itunes store, has to be on your pc via appstore

Back