Controller original buttons

grodion

I was thinking of using the original buttons for my portable, but I'm a bit confused as to how I'd do it. I'm really a noob at electronics so i dont exactly understand how it works. I got it working using tact switches but its not as responsive as I would like it to be so I wanted to use the original buttons. I was thinking of sawing apart the mobo and then wiring up the traces. Would that work?

Wiring the traces is basically how you have to do it. I would find the best place to cut through the controller board and just rewire the traces where they were cut off.

Would making a cut like this and then wiring the traces work?
2qu4wgl.jpg

Hi i was also having trouble with wiring the buttons. Can someone provide me with a link to a guide/tutorial on how to wire up traces. Kasar's guide is a bit confusing. Thanks

Wiring to traces is actually one of the easiest things you can do when traces are not too small.

You have two tones of green on your board, the lighter one is actually copper with non conductive finish on it. You have a light green trace going from your button to somewhere else, that's like a cable, but soldered directly on the board, so you can just cut the board, then scratch with a knife, or anything to green trace until it's brown, when it's brown, it means you reached copper. You can just solder directly on copper with your soldering iron and a cable. You just have to put a cable on each light green trace of the controller you just cut and it will still working, that's how you do it.

If you're rasping the traces on an official GameCube controller, they're very hidden by the white finish. I believe Kasar's guide pinpoints with a diagram exactly where they are.

Back