Can this accept RGB/Arcade input?

oniak

Arcade's use RGB input and I'm wondering if this screen can as I know a ps1 screen can.

Its a normal dvd player screen that can take av in.

2626vrp.jpg

30136ae.jpg

*Can'tSayThisOnTV* if we know?

All you did was give us blurry pictures of the PCB.
Unless someone has this EXACT DVD Player, we can't tell you anything.
Giving the model won't help either.

Why not give us the names off of some of the Chips on the board, or, better yet, look over the board for labels.
Do you have a scanner? Scan each side of the PCB(s) and give us those.

jleemero said:
firewire/1394 if we know?

All you did was give us blurry pictures of the PCB.
Unless someone has this EXACT DVD Player, we can't tell you anything.
Giving the model won't help either.

Why not give us the names off of some of the Chips on the board, or, better yet, look over the board for labels.

Well I assumed the answer would either be:
Dvd player screens don't use rgb.
or
Yes it will work.

DVD player screens are a cluster*Can'tSayThisOnTV* in regards to compatibility. The general rule is that if it has AV in, it works, with caveats. Usually you have to keep the original bottom board, but not always. These things are usually full of uncommon chips and unlabeled connections. I've seen one that uses s-video to connect from screen to bottom portion, but some use digital RGB, analog RGB, or something arcane that nobody uses. Also, the screen with s-video connections needed six or so uncommon voltages.

Unless you are very good at electronics and extremely lucky, stay away from DVD player screens. Or just use them with the caveats in mind and don't be too ambitious.

There is no "standard" for DVD Player screens.
Pretty much no two are alike in how they work, or what's on-board.

Some accept no input at all, whereas others take composite, S-Video, RGB, full-spec HDMI, Heck I had a tiny screen once from a PMP that could take composite but it needed a separate H-Sync!

The answer will be different for ALL screens.
And if you didn't assume this from the beginning, using one is probably going to be over your head.

I know that this one will work with composite video in. I'm wondering if it will work with rgb as well.

oniak said:
I know that this one will work with composite video in. I'm wondering if it will work with rgb as well.
Well find out.

jleemero said:

jleemero said:
oniak said:
Well find out.

jleemero said:

Find out what?

That would be why I'm posting here...I want to find out...
Or did you mean "We'll find out". Cause I thought you meant "Well find out."

Also I tried scanning, came out blurry. Which surprises me becase my other pcbs I've scanned have come out flawless.

I meant "well find out", as in, FIND OUT, WE CAN'T DO IT FOR YOU.

YOU have the thing in front of you, we do not.
We need to either be able to see it ourselves, or you need to do it yourself.
Nobody can tell you whether or not it takes RGB except for the underpaid engineer in Taiwan who picked the IC they'd use to decode the input signal.

Either look up the chips on the board yourself OR post good scans of the board OR give us the markings off of all of the ICs on the board.

Back