CamCube portable worklog -- NEED HELP --

:tophat: Hi im back for a while now :D Anything I need that I don't have I will be ordering within the end of the week (depending on the bank - which is ok at the moment - ) A few things I am wondering first.... 1. Does it matter if the Ma is different? The voltage is the same but there is a 2500ma difference in the batteries I am looking at.... 2. And what does Ma stand for?
Cheers guys :awesome:

CamLusted said:
:tophat: Hi im back for a while now :D Anything I need that I don't have I will be ordering within the end of the week (depending on the bank - which is ok at the moment - ) A few things I am wondering first.... 1. Does it matter if the Ma is different? The voltage is the same but there is a 2500ma difference in the batteries I am looking at.... 2. And what does Ma stand for?
Cheers guys :awesome:

The batteries HAVE to be a matched pair. If not then they won't charge properly and could explode.

milliAmp. One thousandth of an amp.

:tophat: Hi guys, Recently I have tried looking for an additional battery and I cant find the same one :evil2:

So could somebody recommend a good set of batteries that wont cost me more than £100 ($150)
Cheers :awesome:

What kind of wiring is best to use? I have some ribbons but they are quite expensive..
I was just wondering if there are other better and cheaper options....
Thanks

:tophat: New update my mum is ordering the ZN-45 case from Bud's site tomorrow.
Her card wont bounce like mine so that's good :p
Yes!

:tophat: Hi guys, I just discovered that there is a hack space only a couple miles from where I live. Its pretty much the same as techshop/fablabs (I think) and I was wondering what people who have memberships think of them?

:tophat: I have just been given a check from a relative so now I have the money to buy what's remaining. But it would be really helpful if somebody could link me a 7.4v decent set of batteries - also one of the Design and Technology teachers at School said they would help me out however they can. And I'm joining Bristol hackspace on Thursday so I will have access to loads of cool equipment. On the motherboard how do I cut out the memory card ports when the controllers flat ribbon connection thing is there? I mean it's not like I can cut round it.

Also last thing I'm going to try an build a cnc at tech shop with their help when I'm a member so That will be cool :tophat:

:tophat: For wires I would suggest IDE ribbon cable, it's free if you find an old computer :)
Batteries is a little harder, most americans use batteryspace.com but shipping to europe will most likely cost more than the batteries itself. For my N64p I use a BP-511 batterypack for camcorders, they have two 3.7v 18650 cells and a protection circuit. Might not be strong enough for a GCp... They are cheap on ebay (batteries + charger + protection circuit = 20 £ )

Nice that you found a hackerspace, I will have to look for one in sweden :D

UPDATES

Got literally 30 + ribbon cables out of a skip, small cables and larger in terms of size;

Case ordered - AGAIN.

Changed plan on how I want the console...

Like Shockslayer's new gcp I now plan to not bother with the disk drive and just have wiikey.
Also UNDECIDED on 3DS sliders.

Wii keys are getting harder and harder to find, everywhere I look they are all out of stock. Damnit.

Still no batteries.

Washing cars and selling sweets has earned me a bit of cash so imma get my ass in gear and start working.
Rather than just asking questions like a nub.

Tried doing a medium trim, ballsed it up. I will upload pictures but yeah. I really screwed up. (I think)

Also I now have four gc consoles. AND only one controller...Sold the others. Shouldn't have done that apart from I got £15 each and I had three. So I may turn that into a smart investment.

QUESTION: I just bought a sega mega drive and I cant get the rf lead to work. Any Ideas?

Cheeeeeeeerrrs :tophat:

:tophat: Hi guys, stopped making progress for a long time... Started again now. The pictures of my mobo trim are on this http://yunohaveoriginality.tumblr.com/ (too many to do that img bracket thing) Think I might have destroyed it... Cant really check until I get a tv as a monitor (I use a projector) but yeah... I still have 4 gcs and I'm figuring out what to do for the case now. Ill post when I have a case sort of planned out - Also I ordered that lcd monitor for cars that I linked to earlier on in this 'worklog' which I haven't actually done much work at all in...

:tophat: New update again. Bad one though reallyyyy.

My friend was drunk and snapped it . Don't know why but he did. Ordering another gc. Birthday coming up soon so money will be in my wallet again :D As soon as cash touches my account, im ordering a new soldering iron for schoolwork, a new set of dremel attachments and some more solder. ZN-45 is still case of choice, but im also quite enticed by the idea of using a Wii U protective case. Those of you who have already made a gcp with it, how was it in terms of space? Good starting case?
And I know have Thursdays free so hackspace is where I intend (for now) to make progress :D

I ordered a Wii U protective case once, but I ditched it because the holes for everything were so big since it was meant to go around the buttons, not fit buttons inside it. But if you do a fair amount of frankencasing to fit things, it's a very good option because of the defined shape made for holding in your hands.

If you're going to have portable on the larger side, like the ZN-45, I think you'd much prefer the feel of real joysticks with lots of range. 3DS sliders are no doubt comfortable - they're about as good as you can get in the "slider" world - but there is just not as much range. I would suggest a more modern joystick as well, like ones from an XBox 360 controller, because they feel so smooth in comparison to what you find in a GC. They still work the same, so they're compatible.

I really hope there is enough to fund your project, because the end result is always well worth it when it finally comes together. It will.

Back