Calling all modders with 480p portables

megalomaniac

hi guys...
maybe this should go in the seller/buyer forums but it is specific to gamecube and might draw more attention here in this forum...

for anyone who installs the component board internal into their portable...would you still happen to have the following left over parts available??
of course not the board...but the connecter itself and the other housing parts...
im looking to collect and recycle to good use about 30 to 35 complete sets of these...

thanks...

imagewhy.jpg

I might have everything except the connector that was on the chip itself. The 2 silver cases and the 2 plastic cases shown I think. You want to recycle them? Like use them to make more component cables?

zeldaxpro said:
I might have everything except the connector that was on the chip itself. The 2 silver cases and the 2 plastic cases shown I think. You want to recycle them? Like use them to make more component cables?

Great thanks
Hang on to those pieces for the mean time and let's see what comes out of this thread once others have the opportunity to post.

...and yes I am making more

Great thanks
Hang on to those pieces for the mean time and let's see what comes out of this thread once others have the opportunity to post.

...and yes I am making more

That's cool. And yeah lets see how this thread comes out. I still would have to find the pieces anyway because it has been awhile since I actually took the cable apart, maybe a few months ago lol.

just to give an idea of what im doing, here are the boards i designed...
and i have a small stash of MX chips too...
the left over component cable connectors would be great to have for this project...

for more info read my threads at gc-forever to see how far this project has come...
as well as other projects...

dscn3030b.jpg

:eek: That's Super Sweet Man!!! Wait can these be modded to output VGA with the resistor mod? And how much would these be? I am working on a GCP and An extra Component Chip/Board would be awesome. I would only need the bare board with the chip not the casing. Maybe a discount if I can donate the parts you are looking for? Thanks.

zeldaxpro said:
:eek: That's Super Sweet Man!!! Wait can these be modded to output VGA with the resistor mod? And how much would these be? I am working on a GCP and An extra Component Chip/Board would be awesome. I would only need the bare board with the chip not the casing. Maybe a discount if I can donate the parts you are looking for? Thanks.

yes it has (switch) selectable VGA and YPBPR output along with digital audio fiber optic output..
it would be overkill to put one of these in a portable since its about 3x the width of an official board and the fiber optic out would be useless, unless you plan on making a portable DPL II surround sound system to carry along with you also...

You could probably get quite a bit of business if you make a portable board as well. I know I would be interested.

yes it has (switch) selectable VGA and YPBPR output along with digital audio fiber optic output..
it would be overkill to put one of these in a portable since its about 3x the width of an official board and the fiber optic out would be useless, unless you plan on making a portable DPL II surround sound system to carry along with you also...

Oh ok then. Still how much do you plan on selling these for?

superben51 said:
You could probably get quite a bit of business if you make a portable board as well. I know I would be interested.

i made a smaller version a few months back for ashen and zenloc but that was only for beta testing...
i think ashen posted a pic somewhere in the forums...
unfortunately, i dont have a limitless supply of chips....
i was only able to get a left over stock of about 40...
no other suppliers have been found with this chip in stock...

zeldaxpro said:
Oh ok then. Still how much do you plan on selling these for?
less than the outrageous ebay going rate for just a cable only....

If u still have any of the chips would u be willing to sell just the IC Chip (MX B012355-CMPV-DOL)? And if so how much?

no i will not be selling chips only...sorry
i dont want this thread to get off track....i only posted the pic of the boards to show why i would like to have the connectors...and to show this is just not some "what if" idea...
this is a completed project and as an extra incentive to those who purchase the board, i was hoping to also provide them with the choice of having a connector to allow a plug-and-play ability...

i am only looking for anyone who still has the original component cable connector
thanks

megalomaniac said:
no i will not be selling chips only...sorry
i dont want this thread to get off track....i only posted the pic of the boards to show why i would like to have the connectors...and to show this is just not some "what if" idea...
this is a completed project and as an extra incentive to those who purchase the board, i was hoping to also provide them with the choice of having a connector to allow a plug-and-play ability...

i am only looking for anyone who still has the original component cable connector
thanks

Ok I understand. Still I doubt many people will just donate the extra parts because not too many people have used component in their portables (Ashen and Tchay are the only completed ones documented). Still If I find my extra parts I will let you know via post or pm. Thanks.

Nope just Ashen and Tchay. I will be the 3rd person to have a component chip in a GameCube Portable. The reason why people don't have these in is due to the crazy price of the cable, like $100 or more. Then if u want 15khz and 31khz people get a Dalian "Good Display" which is another $100. If people have the cable and not using it for a portable, people won't just give those parts up. So when you are trying to call all modders with 480p Portables, it's pretty much just Ashen, Tchay, and me.

Back