Building a GCp (The GoCube) (Worklog)

Ok so I tried again and the gamecube still doesn't load up :( . So I was wondering if I could use the other side of the same spot for the pins and maybe that will fix it? Another bad news is I hooked up the wiikey to the wii and it won't load :( the disc drive works but the wiikey fusion doesn't. I will try to look over and see if I can do anything but if not looks like disc drive is my future. If you can help me at all that would be awesome, one last thing is there a hookup service for the wiikey so maybe I can see if someone can fix it for me?

Thanks, Wes

For those wanting to know what was wrong the cable to sd card reader wasn't set correctly in the pin haha so I guess that makes all the difference even when it appears insignificant :)

Cheers, Wes

Well after significant changes and retry's my gamecube still didn't work, so I just ordered some gamecube's on ebay so hopefully I can work on those soon and get this gamecube wiikey'd up :D

Cheers, Wes

One more thing 3 or 4 3.7v batteries? I don't want to make a custom regulator and I am not too worried about space either.

Thanks, Wes

using 4 3.7v cells will give you longer battery life, so if you've got the space and money for an extra battery, definitely buy it.

Yeah thats what I am thinking, also is it even conceivable to fit a gamecube (untrimmed) to fit in a AG-85 case + the batteries+ PSone screen? If not I guess... sadly I will have to use an ZN-45.

Cheers, Wes

Got my new gamecube and ready to roll again :D I already removed the ports and now I need to rewire the wiikey hopefully I can get it working and go on to the next steps.

Cheers, Wes

Got the FFC board wired and ready to solder it to the gamecube motherboard... my soldering job is so much better it's not even funny ;) Also while I am posting Hot glue or Super glue or neither for keeping the wires on the FFC board and disc drive port area?

Thanks, Wes

But hot glue is readily available to me, so I dont know its a tough choice.
I will wait a little bit before I do hot glue it though

Thanks, Wes

I don't really want to sell it, but I will search for some high temp hot glue. Any ideas where to look?

Thanks, Wes

Hermaphroditus said:
At least use a high temperature hot glue, especially if you plan on ever selling this or whatnot.
Or like insulate or pack it well or something?

I've used hot glue in everything I've ever done. I've shipped my work to places all over the world without a single problem. Hot glue is fine as long as you know how to pack the work properly.

bud said:
I've used hot glue in everything I've ever done. I've shipped my work to places all over the world without a single problem. Hot glue is fine as long as you know how to pack the work properly.

It's not horrible or anything, it's just there're many better, albeit expensive, things to use. It'd be easier to just use the more expensive RTV or even a high temperature hot glue and pack it without worrying about the need of insane amounts of insulation during summer months. For example, if I would have shipped anything over last summer with hot glue it would likely have melted, as it was around 105 for most of the summer in most of Texas.

Ok I understand. Progress Update:
I got most of the disc drive pins soldered to just need to finish the rest and then I can test out my wiikey and see if I finally made it
:)

Thanks, Wes

Back