Ashen's Wii Laptop ~ Worklog ~

Ashen

GameCube Révolutionary
So yea, Time to escape GameCube land for a while and explore other things!

This probably won't end up being anything SUPER exciting in the end, pretty straightforward Wii laptop is the plan, no disc drive, not sure yet if I want to go with a WODE or just use softmod USB loaders. If I go the softmod route I'll probably toss in a Wiikey or a flatmii fusion for loading GC games from an SD card since USB loading of GC games is kinda sketchy (as far as I know).

At any rate, I found the perfect case for my plans. I'd bought a Haier 10" widescreen portable TV a while back that I wanted to use for this project, so my case decision was based primarily on fitting that in there. A 30min or so search on eBay yielded my this fine specimen for a meager 12 bucks.

DSCN1471.jpg

DSCN1472.jpg

DSCN1473.jpg

DSCN1474.jpg

DSCN1476.jpg

As you can see, it'll fit the Wii motherboard AND the screen Dang near perfectly and still leave room for the 14.8v 5000mah li-po's I plan to use. I wont even have to trim the Wii motherboard very much, which will be a nice change from the norm for me wiring to microscopic flax all the time. I'll have to thicken up the base of the case a bit and frankencase a bunch of other parts most likely.

Thats pretty much all I've got for the moment. Expect more as the parts continue to show up in the mail.

Ash, everything you do ends up being totally *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing awesome in the end. EXCITED.

Fixed... Dang, are that many people really looking at my pics? My pro JUST ran out like a day ago... Oh well, fixed for a year now.

Don't lie, we know you already had that laptop. :p

Can't wait to see it finished. Looks like you could even fit the disc drive if you didn't want to use batteries. How does that "laptop" look inside? I'm guessing it'll be a ton easier to gut and have a useful shell than a real laptop or netbook.

I cannot imagine how *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing awesome this will end up. I am excited!

Joeyjoe9876 said:
you should find a slim usb keyboard and use it, just in case you ever feel like doing some wii internet browsing :p
I can't express how much nicer it is to use a usb keyboard on the Wii than the motion crap.

Bratz theme Wii laptop is going to be awesome.

DcMc said:
Apple Keyboard. Plus it would match the bratz perfectly.
I'm pretty sure those use Bluetooth, so compatibility with the Wii might be an issue. Plus they're quite pricey.

There are older ones similar to the ones today that use USB. I think there might even be USB models today.

No keyboard in the plans, sorry guys. Wii Laptop = for games only.

DSCN1501.jpg

DSCN1502.jpg

Yup... Working on the Case, need more epoxy.

Back