Ashen's N64p ~worklog~

Re: Worklog ~Something~ 64

I've got the controller all pinned out, so I sliced it up today. Should still work in theory, I did test it a bit, but I need to wire it all up to be sure:

IMG_0548_zps7bcc63df.jpg

After I confirm it all working I'll post my pinout.

I also got one of these things, called a nitrovibe. Switchable mem pack/rumble pack that I'll build in internal if I can make it fit. By the looks of it, theres not much chance to make it much smaller.

IMG_0551_zps7bcc63df.jpg

IMG_0552_zpsc3b4e5af.jpg

Gett'n flax done. I probably could have finished this tonight, but my 4.3" screen decided to be a POS, so I punched it, ripped it out of the case and folded it in half. Other than that stuff is working nicely. I'm pretty much as far as I can go until the new screen comes though. Guess I'll start making up that PS2p presentation video...

IMG_0563_zps83856b35.jpg

IMG_0565_zps70f28a5a.jpg

IMG_0566_zps945b272e.jpg

Hehe:

IMG_0561_zpsa53b7618.jpg

I'm interested to see what kind of battery life I get off of 3 cells, 11.1v - 2600mah. I'll probably do a quick test tomorrow.

So I ran a battery test today while I was working on some other stuff. I hooked up a 3.5" ebay LCD and booted up Majora's Mask on the 64 Drive and just let it sit there and loop on the title screen. Batteries lasted just a few minutes over 3hrs. Pretty decent. :D

Ashen said:
I probably could have finished this tonight, but my 4.3" screen decided to be a POS, so I punched it, ripped it out of the case and folded it in half.

IMG_0561_zpsa53b7618.jpg
Permanent note to self: NEVER piss off ashen, EVER.

Ashen doesn't have problems with parts, parts just can't handle the Ashen. The ones that fail, well, they get the be made into examples. Why do you think we were able to trim GC's down so small, you thought there was a science to it? No, there was just torture and threats, no gamecube can stomach the horrors of being deported back to California.

SS

Pretty much done, I think I fraged my pot adapter thing by overvolting it accidentally. It was working fine till I turned up the voltage while it was running. ><

I ordered some atmel chips anyway as these ones suck, so when they come in and I get em programmed I'll pop one of those in and call it a day.

Here's some teaser pics for now.

IMG_0642.jpg

IMG_0643.jpg

IMG_0644.jpg

You Sir got this modding thing covered 100%. It is great inspiration for people who are getting into modding. You can really make great things.

Pure Awesomeness.

I can't wait to have time to actually make some video's. So busy lately, all worky and no play makes Ashens day sad, or something. :D

Anyway, china seller biffed up and didn't ship my programmer out when he should have. So I've got 10 atmel chips here that will do nothing but look nice till that comes in. Once I get that all sorted out, I'll make a proper video.

If anyone is interested, This unit will be up for sale at that time. I'm looking for about $700 for this one, I'll even toss in the 64 Drive I have here. I'd prefer to keep shipping to within the states, unless you're prepared to eat some crazy registered/hazmat'd shipping costs for international buyers. If anyone's interested just PM me, first come first served.

Ashen said:
I can't wait to have time to actually make some video's. So busy lately, all worky and no play makes Ashens day sad, or something. :D

Anyway, china seller biffed up and didn't ship my programmer out when he should have. So I've got 10 atmel chips here that will do nothing but look nice till that comes in. Once I get that all sorted out, I'll make a proper video.

If anyone is interested, This unit will be up for sale at that time. I'm looking for about $800 for this one, I'll even toss in the 64 Drive I have here. I'd prefer to keep shipping to within the states, unless you're prepared to eat some crazy registered/hazmat'd shipping costs for international buyers. If anyone's interested just PM me, first come first served.

That thing's a lusty beast. I'd buy it in a snap if I had that kind of money to spend on a portable!

Back