Are there any vibrating cellphone "charms?"

Aguiluz

Soo.... I got a Nokia N90. It was my dad's old one but was rendered useless for over a year until I got a DKU5 Cable from ebay to unlock it open so I can use it in Canada (phone was locked to SMART Gold). I like it so far, the picture and video quality is decent, the LCD screen is good, loads of features and all. I really like it, but there's one single problem: There is no rumble motor in the phone. :evil2: This proved to be a problem when it was silent and in my shoulder pack. I was so used to my old SE K700i and
Sharp GX10i to vibrate and notify me that I had stuff to read or a call to answer. But in this case, I missed 5 calls and 3 messages. Ugh.

I remember having a small cellphone "charm" that blinks its lights wildly when the phone it's attached to gets a call or message. While this would be nice, there are two problems.

1. The lights are going to be hidden away in my bag.
2. If I sew the light on my bag it may attract too much attention.

So I would like a cellphone "charm" with a rumble motor in it. Do those things exist? When I googled, all the things I found was a *cough* s*x toy that rumbles when the phone close to it recieves or sends a thing. Sorta like a cellphone charm I was talking about.

Well, if you can get a compatible light charm you could easily mod it to be a rumble charm.

XCVG said:
Well, if you can get a compatible light charm you could easily mod it to be a rumble charm.
Hmm... I wonder if the light charm puts out enough power to drive a rumble motor. Or maybe I would need a transistor and a set of external batteries? (Hope not, trying to get the size down to be sewed on the holster I keep the phone.)

EDIT: I'm talking about a pager rumble motor.

It probably has enough power, probably. If not there is probably a place in it where you can source some more should you need to use a transistor. Care to give me a link so I can check these things out?

I remember, a couple years ago my dad had this pen, and it was linked to his cellphone, and it vibrated when someone called him.

SS

ShockSlayer said:
I remember, a couple years ago my dad had this pen, and it was linked to his cellphone, and it vibrated when someone called him.

SS
Yeah, it's a variant of those Bluetooth Bracelets. They work for calls, not SMS. :(

Update Update...

I got a light charm. I cracked it open (can't return that now) and the LEDs are glop-topped in transparent epoxy. Can't solder wires on that darn thing. :hit:

Aguiluz said:
Update Update...

I got a light charm. I cracked it open (can't return that now) and the LEDs are glop-topped in transparent epoxy. Can't solder wires on that darn thing. :hit:

Can you solder to the other side or anything?

Back