ZN-45 Rage

Can't really Sega too much about it since it is the standard. But it gets annoying after a while when people copy SS completely down to the color.

You know what else is standard? The standard system of measurement. It also sucks.

I thought the ZN-45 would be awesome for a beginner portable. It was! It was simple! But Dang, it was way too big and uncomfortable...

I HATE THAT EVERYBODY USES IT WHEN ITS 10 TIMES THICKEN THAN AN N64p NEEDS TO BE, AND THAN STILL PUTS ON AN EXTERNAL CART SLOT!!!1!

:evil:

It's not enough to make a portable that works. If you like your ZN-45, good for you, I do too. :) If you used a ZN-45 because it was the easy way out, then your portable is probably nothing special. I have no place saying this because I have yet to finish a portable :dah: , but that's just my opinion.

I hate the ZN-45 for N64ps.

There are SOME consoles for which it is acceptable.

But it's megahuge for n64ps.

Even with internal cart slots, it's still ginormous for an n64p.

ARGH

With an internal cart-slot, its not too much bigger than it should be.

People make ZN-45 N64p's because they are good money-maker portables. Small enough to be "portable" (EG: "how'd joo maek it so much smaller than teh N64 orijinally wuz lolololol???!?1?"), big enough to be easy and quick as Heck to build.

Well, I used a ZN-40, and I needed a huge lump for batteries and a cart slot. I used really big batteries, though. With smaller batteries I could have made it quite a bit smaller.

It also allows for a ton of customization. I'm trying to use one with an internal cart slot, a memory pak slot, d-pad, L, and another feature I don't want to reveal just yet. ;)

They are a bit large, but can fit a ton of systems. I think a slim ps2 might even fit. Mainly, it's the thickness that turns people away. But you can house so many systems, and the psone screen fits with minimal trimming. If it's the thickness that's bad, I'd just use a ZN-40.

Probably the only thing I don't like about them are the dips on the front that allow the cases to be stack-able. I've been rounding mine off with layers of ABS cement and now it's awesome. Rounded edges FTW! But I like the curves on the back edges. It lets the system sit up slightly.

They can fit like every system besides current gen, and a few older ones.

You could probably fit two n64ps in one if you felt like it.

And you can do all the stuff you mentioned in a smaller case.

You could just cut it into two thirds and bondo the 2 ends together.

Zenloc successfully trimmed the zn-45 for a GCp he made I believe.

The problem is getting the endpieces good and making it look professional.

snowpenguin knows a lot about what's small. ;)

I was ZN-45'in N64p's back when it was small. And still while it was comfy. And If that's what people want, then that's what people can have.

Just because you can make things smaller, doesn't mean you should. There are advantages to bigger portables, trust me.

SS

I agree. But I only think that the ZN-45 would be comfortable if it were not as thick. About 3/4" of an inch thinner and it's near perfect. Or an inch.

Jidan said:
I agree. But I only think that it would be comfortable if it were not as thick. About 3/4" of an inch thinner and it's near perfect. Or an inch.
thats what she said.

personally, ive never beheld any of the ZN series in real life so i cant postulate an opinion. but i think they are overused. it seems weird to me that there are standards in something as non standard as portablizing. :confused:

Back