yoshis story won't load past nintendo logo

Hi everyone I'm new to this forum and forums in general so I apoligize if I'm not posting this in the write place or something. Ok now that that's out of the way my yoshis story I have worked since I baught it months back suddenly td I go to play it again after a few weeks of not playing it and it loads the Nintendo logo you can hear yoshis say "nintendo" in his yoshis voice, the logo fades away as it normally does and than it just stays black. Theres no obscure noises or discolouration that usually happens when a games connectors aren't clean or if the chips fried it's just a plain black screen. I've dismantled and cleaned the pins thoroughly to no avail. Can someone please help I'm going nuts
ps. It's not my console seeing as all my other carts work fine

Probably just dirty contacts. Take a rubbing alcohol wipe and dig into the connector until no dirt comes off. Wipe it down and then rub it down again so that its slightly wet with alcohol. Now insert the cart and remove it several times from the n64 (to pull some of the grime off the cart slot itself). Clean the cartridge again with alcohol and dry it. Allow some time for any excess alcohol to evaporate and give it a try. If the cart boots and then fails, it usually means there are some bad connections. Hope that helps.

No it's definetly clean, I took it apart and scrubbed it with 99% isopropynol alcohol combined with cotton pads and like I said I don't think it's the connectors as it loads fine up to just past the nintendo logo screen. I've dealt with n64 for years and have never seen anything like this before. :mad:

I highly doubt it's those because once again I don't think it would boot up to the logo screen if it was dirty connectors plus all my other carts work fine

i've seen this before. look at the bottom right pins in the first picture. theres a crack in the PCB. many of the traces still work, so it loads up partially, but then it gets to the next section on the ROM and freezes up.

get out a multimeter and check each pin. they can be repaired if you're good with a solder iron.

EDIT: at least thats what it looks like to me. I got myself very cheap smash bros, stadium 2, and repaired a friends mario 64 all with the same issue. it looks like pins 20 and up are suspect.

I know exactly where your talking about that's a very mild scratch but I'll try out what you said when I can get my hands on a meter and/or solder iron and see if that resolves it

yeah, when i haven't been able to see anything, like on my stadium 2 copy, I had to grab a multimeter and go from every pin to its connection on the chip until i found the breaks.

Back