"X-top" 360 Laptop Finished!

Re: "X-top" 360 Laptop Finished! On Ebay!

Wow. That is awesome. :awesome:

I like you already. You type correctly, you were persistent in learning how to build this thing, and you made a amazing worklog. :) You, sir, are the kind of person we love to have here.

I hope to see more stuff from you. :awesomemario:

When I did my personal tip to engadget I made sure to link it here, oh well :(

I saw they picked it up at about 1am last night, at which point the YouTube video had about 500 views. When I got up this morning at 10::3:0am, it was up over 5,000 and is now over 7,500. I've found articles on it featured on non-english blogs as well :lol: The auction also jumped from 300ish views to 3,000 this morning and we even got our first bidder just a little while ago!

Thanks everyone for your support! It's really exciting to know that we're going to be able to go to college next term! :tophat:

Keep tipping places that haven't posted it up yet guys, to try and get TTJ some moar money :awesome:

maybe if we get him enough money he'll love us forever and stay here lol

Wow, the maker of this laptop and I live only 2 hours apart!

Alright, a bid! Always a relief to have a bidder, especially at a high starting price like that! Now you can rest assured knowing you will make a nice chunk of money, glad you ended up starting it high. :)

Think you might build another? Maybe a PS3 Slim?

Congrats on your successful project.

I forgot to comment! :o

This is the winnest win of a 360 laptop evar! i love how you can see the ROL pcb under the plexiglass. It gives it that DIY look that i love in a mod!

Keep it up!! :D

This happens when selling portables very often.

The only way to combat it really is set it as a buy it now and require immediate payment.

Not a bad idea at all. I will definitely keep that in mind next time. Even after its completion this project is teaching me things. Who woulda thought.

ooh, 45 mins left! Things are getting heated up :o

Oh well. I guess now we'll see if anyone expresses any interest knowing that it didn't sell. :(

thats really sad. nobody bought such a beautiful hackjob?!?

It's a great unit, and I am VERY surprised it didn't sell.

Put it back up again, keep playing the waters, someone will find it!

SS

Haha I don't think exposure was the issue with the YouTube video sitting at 112,000 views and the auction ending with over 17,000. I guess I understand that people are hesitant to bid on something created by two college kids with no track record for this sort of thing. I have had a couple people contact me since the auction ended so hopefully something will come of that. ;)

Re: "X-top" 360 Laptop Finished! *Price Dropped

Threw it back up for a 25% lower starting bid. Hopefully someone picks it up this time around. We'll lose some money on it but at least we'll get to eat next month :lol:

Back