WTS 64drive portable edition

marshallh

Long story short I blew $2k on a beta run of pcbs long ago and the pcbs died while the parts were just fine.

Re-spun the pcb to make a couple boards to soak up some of these parts.
new1fs.jpg

The only difference is there's no power mux for usb/n64 so you won't be able to upgrade the bootloader without soldering another switch, but that's 99% never going to happen. MicroSD only.

See below for proper orientation. I made a pin header converter for testing.

img0222vv.jpg

$50 shipped to anybody who is going to put these into a portable.

I'm definitely interested in one, I'm just semi-broke and don't have any use for one ATM. I'll get back to you sometime this month if there are any left.

Diminuendo said:
broke, are these now or never buys or limited in any way, I would like to but one later
Yeah. And are there only two? Do I need a CIC or anything else to make it functional?

OK guys ashen and hailrazer got those two. I have enough left over parts to do another 3 if thers interest.

There ya go, making me want to build a portable 64 again...

Any chances of this board coming up again in the future?

I'm gonna pass this time, though I'll likely kick myself later for it. 1 still up for grabs.

What exactly would I need to do to use this in a portable? Aside from wiring it directly to the cartridge slot? Totally considering

Can anyone please explain what I would have to do to this, if anything, to have a functional 64drive? I don't mean to sound annoying but I'm 95% decided & would like to know before I have Marshallh put me down.

Alls you gottsa do is be able to build it into a portable n64.
It's designed to allow through hole mounting, making it much easier to build into a portable.

Basically, if you gotta ask, it's not for you.
  • I kinda want to see it in bud's pocket 64 now.

I actually had plans to integrate a 64Drive into a new pocket64. This would make that a lot easier/cheaper, but I lack the capital/desire to do so.

If you still have one in the next 1-2 weeks I'll take one. If I may ask, how is the compatibility on this?

Edit: never mind on the compatibility question, went ahead and just looked at the site. Like I said, I'd be willing to take one in around 2 weeks.

ttsgeb said:
Alls you gottsa do is be able to build it into a portable n64.
It's designed to allow through hole mounting, making it much easier to build into a portable.
Thanks! I didn't realize that's all I'd have to do.
ttsgeb said:
Basically, if you gotta ask, it's not for you.
I was aware of the through-hole mounting, I've just never used a cart like this for n64 and wanted to make sure I knew what I was getting before I made my purchase

I'll take one in a week or two unless something goes awry with my financial situation I somehow become even more broke. Consider me a yes.

EDIT: PM'd marshallh, have money

Back