Bibin said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:
yo dawg, I herd I just won a gbc for $10 shipped! And I was going to get a pocket for $6 shipped but it got sniped :confused:

Anybody got a free 7805? I ruined mine, and it's all I need to finish my snesp!

Wanna send me a few $ in the mail?
I was kinda hoping for free ;) I could paypal you $1 for the stamp, but, meh, they're $1.50 on ebay, I was just wondering if somebody had some extras :D

Then paypal would eat half of it. $1 or $2 in the mail would be better. I had to pay for it, too, remember.
You paid for your 7805's? I usually just take them from old electronics, but I've ruined all of mine, I was inputing power to the wrong pins and now they get SSUUPPAARR hot, like even with a large heatsink on them. Also, does anybody know if the FC twin is supposed to draw 4 amps?

How many volts?

Amps * Volts = Watts
Yes, yes, I know that, and 5v 4A= 20w/7.4=[roughly, did this in my head] 2.7A, which is still a lot higher than I would think a SNES clone should draw. And that's without the screen!

It is not drawing 4 amps, you are just feeding it 4 amps. It should run on less than 600mA.
Naw, my power supply only puts out what's required, and that was because the 7805 was ruined. When I went straight at it with my power supply it only drew roughly one.

Well, you know you don't need the 7805 right? Just feed 5V to the SNES portion and it should run.

Also, almost every affordable power supply does NOT work that way, and I think you pumped too much voltage to it, which was the issue,
You have to quote this so that the chain gets longer.

And, my friend built it, I do not know anything about it other than, it can almost not hurt itself. If you touch the leads together it doesn't ruin anything like my other one. And, I have no idea why it put out 4A, but when I hooked it up straight, not going through the 7805. Would there be anyway I could use a 7905 on the negative line to get 5v for it? I doubt it, but it's all I have. And, when I hooked it up straight without the 7805 it drew 4A then dropped down to less than one.

eurddrue said:
Bibin said:
eurddrue said:
Bibin said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:
yo dawg, I herd I just won a gbc for $10 shipped! And I was going to get a pocket for $6 shipped but it got sniped :confused:

I was kinda hoping for free ;) I could paypal you $1 for the stamp, but, meh, they're $1.50 on ebay, I was just wondering if somebody had some extras :D

Then paypal would eat half of it. $1 or $2 in the mail would be better. I had to pay for it, too, remember.
You paid for your 7805's? I usually just take them from old electronics, but I've ruined all of mine, I was inputing power to the wrong pins and now they get SSUUPPAARR hot, like even with a large heatsink on them. Also, does anybody know if the FC twin is supposed to draw 4 amps?

How many volts?

Amps * Volts = Watts
Yes, yes, I know that, and 5v 4A= 20w/7.4=[roughly, did this in my head] 2.7A, which is still a lot higher than I would think a SNES clone should draw. And that's without the screen!

It is not drawing 4 amps, you are just feeding it 4 amps. It should run on less than 600mA.
Naw, my power supply only puts out what's required, and that was because the 7805 was ruined. When I went straight at it with my power supply it only drew roughly one.

Well, you know you don't need the 7805 right? Just feed 5V to the SNES portion and it should run.

Also, almost every affordable power supply does NOT work that way, and I think you pumped too much voltage to it, which was the issue,

And, my friend built it, I do not know anything about it other than, it can almost not hurt itself. If you touch the leads together it doesn't ruin anything like my other one. And, I have no idea why it put out 4A, but when I hooked it up straight, not going through the 7805. Would there be anyway I could use a 7905 on the negative line to get 5v for it? I doubt it, but it's all I have. And, when I hooked it up straight without the 7805 it drew 4A then dropped down to less than one.

I have a 7805 I can send you for free. I have about 5 from ratshack laying around. Just pm me your address, and I'll send it in a letter envelope.

Basement_Modder said:
eurddrue said:
Bibin said:
eurddrue said:
Bibin said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:

How many volts?

Amps * Volts = Watts

I have a 7805 I can send you for free. I have about 5 from ratshack laying around. Just pm me your address, and I'll send it in a letter envelope.

Sorry to get off topic, but this is probably the longest quote chain I've ever seen. Sort of back on topic, as mentioned before lots of electronics have 7805s in them so old/broken electronics make a nice source for such items.

Neildo_64 said:
Basement_Modder said:
eurddrue said:
Bibin said:
eurddrue said:
Bibin said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:

How many volts?

Amps * Volts = Watts

Sorry to get off topic, but this is probably the longest quote chain I've ever seen. Sort of back on topic, as mentioned before lots of electronics have 7805s in them so old/broken electronics make a nice source for such items.
Only other one that I found was in a dead NOAC and the reason it was dead was because of a faulty 7805 ;)

eurddrue said:
Neildo_64 said:
Basement_Modder said:
eurddrue said:
Bibin said:
eurddrue said:
Bibin said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:

How many volts?

Amps * Volts = Watts

Only other one that I found was in a dead NOAC and the reason it was dead was because of a faulty 7805 ;)

It's been hit and miss for me, not as much stuff has a 7805 as you would expect. Lower tech devices are actually probably better, but there's no way to predict it until you actually open the device. I would send you a 7805 if I didn't live in Canada.

XCVG said:
eurddrue said:
Neildo_64 said:
Basement_Modder said:
eurddrue said:
Bibin said:
eurddrue said:
Bibin said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:

How many volts?

Amps * Volts = Watts

It's been hit and miss for me, not as much stuff has a 7805 as you would expect. Lower tech devices are actually probably better, but there's no way to predict it until you actually open the device. I would send you a 7805 if I didn't live in Canada.
It's ok, basement_modder is doing me a huge favor and helping me out XD This is awesome! I cannot thank you enough, other than a get out of flame free card. Next time I blatently flame you, pull it out and I'll be like, "flax, your right, you gave me a free 7805." :lol:

eurddrue said:
XCVG said:
eurddrue said:
Neildo_64 said:
Basement_Modder said:
eurddrue said:
Bibin said:
eurddrue said:
Bibin said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:

How many volts?

Amps * Volts = Watts

It's ok, basement_modder is doing me a huge favor and helping me out XD This is awesome! I cannot thank you enough, other than a get out of flame free card. Next time I blatently flame you, pull it out and I'll be like, "flax, your right, you gave me a free 7805." :lol:

Please, stop using your friend's garbage power supply. It is trash, and clearly does not work as it should.

Bibin said:
eurddrue said:
XCVG said:
eurddrue said:
Neildo_64 said:
Basement_Modder said:
eurddrue said:
Bibin said:
eurddrue said:
Bibin said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:

How many volts?

Amps * Volts = Watts

It's ok, basement_modder is doing me a huge favor and helping me out XD This is awesome! I cannot thank you enough, other than a get out of flame free card. Next time I blatently flame you, pull it out and I'll be like, "crap, your right, you gave me a free 7805." :lol:

Please, stop using your friend's garbage power supply. It is trash, and clearly does not work as it should.
:eek: The exact same thing happened with my nicer power supply, it just didn't put out as many amps :mad: I think I'm doing something wrong, but the project is on hold while I wait for my 7805. Anybody got any cheap gameboy series handhelds that they don't want? I'll gladly take them off your hands. ;)

jleemero said:
eurddrue said:
Bibin said:
eurddrue said:
XCVG said:
eurddrue said:
Neildo_64 said:
Basement_Modder said:
eurddrue said:
Bibin said:
eurddrue said:
Bibin said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:
nevermind1534 said:
eurddrue said:

How many volts?

Amps * Volts = Watts

It's ok, basement_modder is doing me a huge favor and helping me out XD This is awesome! I cannot thank you enough, other than a get out of flame free card. Next time I blatently flame you, pull it out and I'll be like, "crap, your right, you gave me a free 7805." :lol:

:eek: The exact same thing happened with my nicer power supply, it just didn't put out as many amps :mad: I think I'm doing something wrong, but the project is on hold while I wait for my 7805. Anybody got any cheap gameboy series handhelds that they don't want? I'll gladly take them off your hands. ;)
Do we not have an embedded quote limit?
No, I don't believe we do. Other things I want are psone screens for ridiculously low prices.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back