WTB: 3 way switch handling 2-3A

Tchay

Frequent Poster
I can't find a 3 way switch for 2A anywhere online. I am excluding the GIANT ones on ebay. I need something for like a 15-20mm diameter mount hole.

I actually cannot find a decent 3way anywhere. Hopefully you guys have one/know where to get one.

You want a switch with three positions? That's an SPTT switch (or a DPTT switch if you want that extra pole). I've actually got a DPTT switch that fits your needs, but I don't know if it is high enough rated. I'm sure you could just wire it up and see if it works though.

ToastBucket said:
You want a switch with three positions? That's an SPTT switch (or a DPTT switch if you want that extra pole). I've actually got a DPTT switch that fits your needs, but I don't know if it is high enough rated. I'm sure you could just wire it up and see if it works though.

The only way to know if it works would be if the battery bridged with wall power, sadly...

Thats how I ruined the batteries that were originally going to be in the Ccube.

Now that I think about it, I could probably get away with a 2 way switch with 6 pins (as appose to 8 on a 3 way).

hmmmm:

on - battery
off - wall power/charge

yeah I think that would work.

Tchay said:
Now that I think about it, I could probably get away with a 2 way switch with 6 pins (as appose to 8 on a 3 way).

DPDT

bassmasta said:
http://www.allelectronics.com/make-a-st ... TCH/1.html
125VAC, 4A, DP3T.

I think Toast has these, I remember showing these to him a while back.

Oh yeah I have some of these too.

Back