Wow, really Nintendo?

SonyQrio

Frequent Poster
These three capacitors aren't needed at all. When I was cutting my board, I accidentally knocked them off, but when I powered up my board, it worked fine. However, I noticed ShockSlayer and bentomo kept them when they cut their board.

5232661557_d882409290_b.jpg

They're probably for filtering. You may notice audio or video interference, or more frequent crashing. Maybe not, since you're running off batteries as opposed to filtered AC.

Necessary? Perhaps not. my guess is they're doing some AC ripple filtering from the n64 power supply, which isn't particularly clean. When you power the n64 with a more clean power source (see: Regulator/batteries) it can do just fine without them.

IT'S REALLY NOT THAT HARD TO TURN ON AN N64 AND TEAR OFF CAPACITORS AND IT SHUTS OFF.

I don't tear flax off till I need to.

The "Benheck method" is to pull flax off till it stops working, then relocate it back on till it does. Pretty good method for discovering stuff, actually. It's made us some good headway.

Only problem with it for me is I don't have more money to burn when I accidentally. I prefer mixing it with the "Alternative method" which is only relocating what you need to.

SS

ToastBucket said:
The beans will not be spilt. All of the discoveries from MRCT have been kept secret. :/
This is what I hate about portablizing these days. It's a contest now. If somebody discovers something, they want to keep it secret so they can make the "best" portable. If you were actually good, you could give out all that information and still build a better portable.

Mario said:
This is what I hate about portablizing these days. It's a contest now. If somebody discovers something, they want to keep it secret so they can make the "best" portable. If you were actually good, you could give out all that information and still build a better portable.
I agree with Mario.

Well, I've kept a few secrets, but share 95% of what I discover. And at this point, I've shared all I've learned.

Its like this: would an inventor share how he invented/discovered something amazing BEFORE showcasing his finished work???? I wouldn't think so.

After finishing a project, I see no reason NOT to explain how it was done. But if a modder wishes to keep their discoveries to themselves (prior to showcasing) to preserve the uniqueness of their final work, I see no problem in that.

Back