Would this get me banned from XBL?

Noah

Frequent Poster
Okay, call me a CoD cigarette or whatever, but my MW2 disc doesn't read anymore. For those of you who know, I am a cheap person. Let's say I was to download MW2, burn it to a DVD, disconnect from Live, unplug my ethernet, then save the game to my Xbox. I would then use the original disc to play. Would I get banned for doing this?

Nope, just look at the reviews of the download. The actual game disk is used to verify if everything is legit after you download it to the xbox, so if you have it your golden

Don't just burn a random download, regardless of what the comments say. ALWAYS run it through ABGX360 at Level 3 autofix, and let it do all the work. In addition, if ABGX360 didn't add SSV2, look up a guide on how to do that manually before you burn the disc. MW2 is also an AP2.5 game, so if you just use it to install the game and then use your original from there, you'll be fine. If you decide to actually use the burned game every time though, you might have to reburn the game every dashboard update if the AP2.5 challenges have changed to avoid a ban, which can be a pita.

Back