Working Pipboy 3000 replica

pkmnjunky7

This is a Pipboy 3000 I just finished up. I've seen a lot of people build these with a static image on the screen, but I wanted mine to actually have all the different menus. I built this with a generic 3.5 LCD picture frame I found on ebay. I took pictures of each individual menu screen from the game and loaded them onto the frame, and then installed small tact switches for screen control. I installed a magnifying lens over the screen that I scavenged from an old slide viewer. It also features an audio amp with an input jack and controls installed into the handplate.

IMG_0178.jpg

IMG_0176.jpg

IMG_0175.jpg

IMG_0174.jpg

IMG_0171.jpg

IMG_0170.jpg

IMG_0169.jpg
IMG_0166.jpg

IMG_0159.jpg

Looove it. I'm a huge fan of the Fallout series. Only thing that coulda made it better is if you used a rotary switch in the place that looks like it'd be a rotary switch to change the screens.

I now really have the desire to get a Pipboy replica and put a Raspberry Pi in it or something.

Holy flax, I saw this on Reddit about 3 hours ago when I was sitting on my phone, bored at my sister's house.

Jolly African American done made the frontpage.

Great work! I would just love my own pipboy.

I also wondered about hooking that LCD up to an xbox 360/PC to actually play Fallout 3 on your real life pipboy. Hehe :p

Back