Wiring to the controller chip

XCVG

ModRetro Legend
Alright, so far I've pinned out the controller pak slot. I'll have to open another controller with a full, non-busted board to do the rest. When I'm done, it will be possible to wire the controller chip RCP-style. You'll still need a mod board if you want normal sticks, though.

Pin 1 is the SMALL dimple at the lower-left (if the text is upright) corner of the chip. The numbers on the board correspond to the NEAREST CORNER. I offer no guarantees- this hasn't been verified yet. It will soon, though, since I need this for a mod.

CONTROLLER PAK PINOUT

SLOT | CHIP
1 | GND
2 | 31
3 | 34
4 | 35
5 | 36
6 | 37
7 | 38
8 | 39
9 | 41
10 | 42
11 | 43
12 | 44
13 | 45
14 | 46
15 | 3.3V
16 | 47
17 | GND
18 | 30
19 | 29
20 | 28
21 | 27
22 | 26
23 | 25
24 | 24
25 | 56
26 | 55
27 | 54
28 | 53
29 | 51
30 | 50
31 | 3.3V
32 | 49

EDIT: BUTTONS! Working from the one I did for my N64 guide here. I didn't do the d-pad at the same time back then. Oops. Poor R seems to have been forgotten as well, but I might have it figured out. It seems to go through some weird stuff, but I might be tracing the wrong trace. EDIT OF EDIT: It just goes through a zero ohm resistor being used as a sort of jumper over another trace.

Start - 11
C up - 17
C left - 16
B - 15
C right - 14
C down - 13
A - 12
Z - 20
L - 58
R - 21

Not on those lines. There are a bunch of other components on the board, I'll trace them and make a nice schematic.

MY TERRITORY, YOU DARE TREAD ON IT.

I have never opened a stock controller. :V
I'm glad you're doing what I don't have time to anymore. ::3:

Will the thing still function without all those caps? Like if I were to just wire up power ground and the buttons.

I've opened another controller. Thought I had more of them- I only have two grey ones, two Atomic Purple ones, a clear blue one (that I can't find) and a blue one left. That's not including the one I'm working one or the Superpad and Superpad Plus. I still need more, though. Can never have too many controllers.

But yeah, Toast, I promise I'll finish tracing it before I hack it up for an INTEGRATED RUMBLE MOD.

XCVG said:
Can never have too many controllers.
Apperently, my parents don't agree. I have to throw out an old controller in order to get a new one. That's when I hide some in my room. :D

Back