Wireless GBA controller?

I'll be doing a summer project to make a GBA console, store games in bottom, front loading cartridges, the works. The problem is, I know nothing of GBA controllers. I'm going to need to know how to link whatever GBA you chose (normal, SP or Micro) to a wireless controller I'll likely need to home make. This whole console will be practice for bigger and more complex projects, so I need nothing fancy.

I still can't really picture what you're doing.

Are you using the gba as a controller wirelessly? To what I believe will be another gba that you turned into a console?

Or de-portablizing the gba and want to make a wireless controller for the gba console?

Please clarify thanks

Make a controller that comprises only of switches that closes the button switches on the console.

For wireless, same concept, but you program an IC that sends an output, based off the button input, to the receiver that sends the signal to the button switch on the main console. I can't really help you here though. Mainly a jumping off point. It's up to you to make this, I think it might be a first too.

You need to start thinking of how things work to do this kind of thing, it's all a step by step process.

Or... You could just get a Gamecube and a Gameboy Player. Its basically what you are looking for. For even more Gameboy authenticity, you could do some searching and get a few Gameboy advance to Gamecube cables and use some Gameboy Advances as controllers.

Here is a photo for reference.

510-Nintendo-Gamecube-mit-dem-Gameboy-Player-in-silber.jpg

I am with Sneak on this one. I don't understand the point of deportablizing a GBA if you can get one for a goodish price anyway.

I've looked into that. I think I'll devote my Summer into making a kinda portable GCp with the Gameboy Player in it, while still keeping a port or 2; I'd essentially create a GameCube Gameboy Hybrid. I think I'll call it.... Project Lazarus (ME2, anyone)

Back