Windows 8

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah sorry, I just don't see how you can say MS is greedy, and then say you''re going to support a much greedier company. :/

Yeah, Apple does kind of take the cake when it comes to overpriced crap. I mean, $3K for a laptop? No thanks. I don't care that it's small and has a solid state hard drive, for $3k I could build 5 i7 machines.

ZyTKH.png

I'd never spend 11 grand on a computer. Or 600 bucks on pop tarts. :stare:

It's worth it for a mac, no anti virus. Macs can't get viruses unless you are stupid enough to give a program permission to edit your computer files. Just think about it. Antivirus is what, $70-100 a year? Apple products are better.
iPod/iPhone/iPad > Zune/Windows Phone

Noah7 said:
I'd never spend 11 grand on a computer. Or 600 bucks on pop tarts. :stare:

It's worth it for a mac, no anti virus. Macs can't get viruses unless you are stupid enough to give a program permission to edit your computer files. Just think about it. Antivirus is what, $70-100 a year? Apple products are better.
iPod/iPhone/iPad > Zune/Windows Phone

Macs can't get viruses? Lol, yes they can.

Macs can't get viruses unless you are stupid enough to give a program permission to edit your computer files.

Noah, you're cool and all, but I hope you understand how stupid you sound right now.
If I were to use an antivirus, if anything I'd be using a free one. Actually no I still wouldn't use one.

Who the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* pays $100 a year to slow down their computer?

More importantly, who the *Can'tSayThisOnTV* pays $2,000-%20,000 for a system worth a eighth of that, which will only be replaced next year by a 'more fashionable' one?
>You will be paying at least 2K every year, or 4K every two years to keep your mac off of the bottom end of the capability scale.

Noah7 said:
No, I've got a Nvidia chipset with a Nvidia card.
http://www.nvidia.com/Download/Find.aspx?lang=en-us

If your card hasn't a recent driver, it's impeccably obsolete.

If it's not even on the list, you have a problem.

Actually, It's on the list, it was just updated in August. It keeps crashing my computer whenever I try and run a game though.

Noah, you're quite clearly unintelligent, arent you?

I mean, lets say you upgrade computers on a 4 year schedule, and you have $200 each 4 years (and on your windows machine you actually run AND pay for antivirus, which is completely silly):

Mac:
Macbook Pro 15", 8gb Ram upgrade = $1999.

i7-620LM, 2.0ghz, 2.53ghz turbo 20.24 total turbo Gflops
AMD Radeon HD 6490M Graphics, 256mb gddr5.
1440x900 resolution, (you can upgrade to 1680x1050 for $150)

PC:
Asus ROG g53 15", 8gb, Raid drives = $1300, less if you look around a bit. That leaves $700 for your stated $100 per year antivirus, which is insane.

i7-620M, 2.66ghz, up to 3.33ghz turbo, over 25 Gflops (24.48 @ 3.06ghz)
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 460M 1.5GB GDDR5
1920x1080 resolution
+ bonus points for saving money, being sexy as *Can'tSayThisOnTV*, quiet (seriously, best cooling ever in a laptop. *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing silent even with a high overclock).

And keep in mind I did not shop around for deals. I used standard pricing. I can 90% assure you that Asus can be had for as low as $1000 refurbished. And I just used the first laptop that came to mind. IBM and several others have similarly spec'd stuff for good prices as well. If you insist on paying far more for an inferior product with an apple on it, be my guest, but I reserve the right to have no respect whatsoever for you. (and it doesn't even come with a whole apple! Its got a bite out of it. *Can'tSayThisOnTV* is with that?)

If you compare a Mac Pro with another workstation-class computer like a Dell Precision, they're competitive. The home machines still cost way more than they should though. However, I can't honestly blame them for taking the iUsers who absolutely have to have the latest iShiny for every iDollar they're worth. (OEMs really ding you on customized builds.)

As for the updates, you can pay $30 every year for 4 years to always have latest version of OS X, or pay $120 once every four years to run the latest version of Windows.

Mako321 said:

Okay now this is just completely ridiculous. Why would you go and order THAT. Everybody knows frosted strawberry Pop-Tarts are better than the brown sugar ones.
emot-colbert.gif

bic said:
If you compare a Mac Pro with another workstation-class computer like a Dell Precision, they're competitive. The home machines still cost way more than they should though. However, I can't honestly blame them for taking the iUsers who absolutely have to have the latest iShiny for every iDollar they're worth. (OEMs really ding you on customized builds.)

As for the updates, you can pay $30 every year for 4 years to always have latest version of OS X, or pay $120 once every four years to run the latest version of Windows.
The difference being that there's at least SOMETHING more than a UI update and some new features in every new version of Windows, unlike the switch from Snow Leapord to Lion.

samjc3 said:
Sam, you're quite clearly a dick, arent you?
I reserve the right to have no respect whatsoever for you.
If you knew anything about macs, you'd know that you don't need antivirus what so ever.

Yeah, but you're still wrong and trying to defend yourself.
Noah7 said:
If you knew anything about macs, you'd know that you don't need antivirus what so ever.

No, I'm not wrong. Look it up. I've been using macs for 7 years + without antivirus. You don't need it. You would we wasting our money if you bought it for a mac.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back