WiiKey

Ishwhale

So I plan to put a WiiKey Fusion into a Gamecube. I've read over Ashen's many threads and have a general idea of how to go about this. I'm trying to make the Gamecube as stock as possible. Just wondering if it's possible to install a rocker switch on the back that can toggle between the disc drive and WiiKey because I do have some Gamecube discs that I'd still like to use as such.

:awesomeish:

Where would you put the wiikey then? Easiest would be to back up your discs and use them in the wiikey.
Edit. IIRC you can also just burn swiss on a disc and use a sd gecko to boot games and homebrew. I mean since you are keeping the discdrive...

WatsuG said:
Where would you put the wiikey then? Easiest would be to back up your discs and use them in the wiikey.
Edit. IIRC you can also just burn swiss on a disc and use a sd gecko to boot games and homebrew. I mean since you are keeping the discdrive...

Wait.....Is this possible? I¡m looking at Ashen guide to SD Gecko and swiss , but i'm confused.

Oh and This thread is for you Ishmael1010 PICK HERE

yes it is posible just use a switch the turn one off and the other on i aready did it but the sd card slot of the wiikey is in the back below the power jack so in that part it sucks

ProgMetalMan said:
or GND or GND or GND or GND or GND

:wtf: No... Do not ever toggle ground for power, ever.

Edit: BTW, that all being said. Ish, if you need any help just shoot me a PM.

Ashen said:
ProgMetalMan said:

Edit: BTW, that all being said. Ish, if you need any help just shoot me a PM.
Yep. There's still voltage flowing through the other wires connected to the WiiKey. If you still have a connection to ground, you could screw something up.

for something like this it'd probably be better to use a WODE.
if i remember correctly, earlier I read some posts that stated that the WODE is a passthrough device and that the original DD was still functional after connecting it to the wode. this would eliminate the need for a switch. (can't remember where this was posted, maybe ashen or someone else could give some more info on this subject)

That doesn't work for a GC disc drive, just a wii disk drive. So if you install a wode into your gamecube, you can plug a wii disc drive into the wode and both will work. You can't install the wode into the GC without any switch if you're going to keep the original GC disc drive as it is.

Ashen said:
BTW, that all being said. Ish, if you need any help just shoot me a PM.

thecasperrojas said:
yes it is posible just use a switch the turn one off and the other on i aready did it but the sd card slot of the wiikey is in the back below the power jack so in that part it sucks

The only good information I've gotten. Thank you guys.

:awesomeish:

unicycler17 said:
That doesn't work for a GC disc drive, just a wii disk drive. So if you install a wode into your gamecube, you can plug a wii disc drive into the wode and both will work. You can't install the wode into the GC without any switch if you're going to keep the original GC disc drive as it is.
actually ashen just posted elsewhere on here that it does work with the gamecube drive :p

superben51 said:
What if he used a DPST switch to toggle both ground and voltage?

Ashen said:
ProgMetalMan said:

Maybe I wasn't clear before. DO NOT EVER TOGGLE GROUND WITH A SWITCH OR OTHERWISE, EVER. Its pointless and dangerous.

The only exception ever would be having a dataline that is specifically being driven to a low state by ground. Whatever the dataline is connected to (probably some IC) is likely
still grounded elsewere.

Back