Wii won't power on

robm

Billy Mays
Staff member
Somewhat off-topic, as I'm not making a portable out of this thing (at least... not yet,) but I got this Wii a while back that worked for all of a day, and then quit powering on. The power LED on the front won't even come on.

I haven't tested the power supply yet as I can't track down my multimeter, but I'll be checking it once I get it to work tomorrow.

In the meantime, has anyone ran into a case where it ended up being something wrong with the Wii itself, and if so, what was the cause?

I had a Wii break a while back (can't remember if any of the LED lights turned on or not) but just one day it wasn't working. All we had to do was unplug the power adapter from the back of the Wii (along with out of the wall, of course). We were just unplugging it from the wall but not from the Wii itself. After leaving it completely unplugged for a day or so to reset and everything has been fine now. Kind of silly but it's happened a lot to people I guess.

https://www.google.com/webhp?hl=en#hl=e ... er+adapter

Eh, it hadn't been plugged in for over a year; I was able to test the power supply yesterday, and it's there's no power from the adapter, so looks like a new adapter is in order. However I did find that there's a fuse on the inside, so will take it apart and see if that's the problem.

Back