White flashing screen?

Do you mean it constantly flickers? Some 3.5 inch screens from eBay flicker once when you apply power, but that may not be what you're talking about. I assume your screen doesn't display a proper image, either. First, test your GameCube on another screen that you know does work, like a TV, if you can. Also, test your screen with a different video input. This way, you can determine whether it is your GameCube or the screen not working correctly.

Thanks for replying Blargaman91.

The screen does not display any image, but flicks from black to white with about a second for each time (If u get that?) This goes on til I turn it off. I know the Gamecube works fine, but Im not sure about the screen. I would say it is alright though, as it does seem to be recieving power, and only flashes when connected to the Gamecube, :confused: . I saw somewhere online that it may be because the screen is NTSC, and the Gamecube PAL, but again, I cant be sure...

The screen does display an image connected to any other device? I don't think the NTSC vs. PAL thing is an issue, but I only say that because one PAL GameCube I've had did display on a supposedly NTSC screen. It kind of sounds like a power issue, though. What are you using to power the screen?

Im actually using an AC to DC convertor, which I plug into the mains and set to 12V. I highly doubt it is a power issue, as the screen changes from its dark brown colour to a deep black when connected. I tried the screen on a PAL snes and nothing happened. The screen didnt even flash for that. (I may have hooked it up wrong :neutral2: ) What else could I test it with? A Wii? Im glad that it may not be the PAL / NTSC thing. That means I may be still able top use this screen. Also, I haven't actually wired the screen to the A/V port yet. Im still just testing with a component cable. Does this make a difference, cause I assume it wouldn't.

Wait - you are using composite video to test it, right? I'm sure you know the screen only accepts a composite signal through the yellow or white connector, but you said you were using a component cable to test it at the end of your post.

You could test it with a Wii just the same, but before you do, how do you have the video connected, exactly? Are you plugging it right into the screen without tampering with anything or did you open the screen and wire it directly?

Okay, heres how ive been testing it.

I hook up the screen to the AC/DC convertor using the cable with the exposed red and black wires, which is connected to the red socket of the screen. Thats power. I then use the composite cable ( My bad, wasnt paying attention :oops: ) to connect the gamecube to the screen, with the two yellow wires connected.

This is done without tampering with the wiring, only taking the screen out of its case.
Also, I know this may be the obvious answer, but I removed the fuse that is between the red connector and the screen. I thought this wouldnt matter as it was going to be 12V anyways and would not interupt the voltage. I obviously connect the two loose wires when testing

I think my screen may just be busted. I tested it on a wii... nothing. Unless I'm doing something insanely obvious wrong (which I highly doubt I am) I just lost €30. Crap... Can anyone suggest a place in Ireland where I can get a new screen, even though I know there is only like 2 others from Ireland?

Thanks for all the help anyways. FML. :cry:
BTW: If someone wants to give me a screen for free, I accept :awesome:

On last things: Is it possible that the wires are too long, or does that make any difference at all, cause theres at least 2 metres of wire between the screen and Gamecube. I doubt it, but then again, I got stuck at testing :D

Back