Which games made you sick?

Adaislam

Most recently, I found out that this type of sickness is a type of motion sickness, called simulation sickness, which is motion sickness, though for video games. What games have made you sick, as in physically sick, where you just want to lie down and throw up?

Yeah I can't play almost all First Person Shooter games. Not sure when it started to happen cause I recall playing Wolfenstien when I was pretty young, and could play N64 Goldeneye for a little while (maybe because of the smaller screen in 4 player split screen mode, less background for me to see flailing about) but not Perfect Dark at all.

Within about 30 seconds or so of playing, or even watching I get really hot, dizzy and nauseas. It's mostly on 3D FPS games, 3rd person 3D games I'm ok with.

I haven't had any issues with playing any games and them making me sick like that.

Heck if i had to play Fallout 3, or any Bethseda game similar to that, in 3rd person, I couldn't
do it. I tried for awhile and died way too many times.

I don't get motion sickness, but Zombie Driver gave me brutal eyestrain for some reason. I haven't played the newer HD version.

3D Dot Game Heroes strains my eyes a bit, luckily they added an alternate camera that I have no issues with.

Jim Power on the SNES is notorious for having weird scrolling that *Can'tSayThisOnTV*s most people up.

Back in middle school I played some Virtual Boy games on an emulator using both the crosseye method and (badly tinted) cheap red/cyan glasses. This gave me some nasty headaches after a while and a couple weeks of eye twitches.
Aside from that, on rare occasions I get a sort of carsickness from certain triggers (the smell of my mini van, the taste of stale gum, or an uncomfortable temperature, for example). One such trigger is bad MIDI GBA/DS music (probably an aversion from playing a lot of Mario Kart DS on the way to Florida).
Also VSync tearing. Yuck.

My dad sucks at HTPC and made us sit through a bunch of films with motion judder.

*Can'tSayThisOnTV* motion judder so much, my poor head.

Shrek: Extra Large for the Gamecube.

The very odd camera movement combined with the overall creepiness of the game made this guy pretty queasy as a 6-13 year old. Shrek never talked, there was very little voice acting, no Donkey, no Fiona, basically no characters from the movie besides Shrek himself... All these factors creeped me out to the point where I got nauseous.

Holy flax I had that game. Got stuck after a couple minutes and never played it again.

CarniShow said:
GTA San Andreas is the last game I payed, it made me go sick and had a really horrible time to get out of it...
Did you turn off the frame limiter?

Back