Which brand of laptop is best for me?

J.D

No Stranger To Love
Dell and HP are terrible. Go ASUS, or anything that isn't Dell, HP or Gateway.

EDIT: *Can'tSayThisOnTV* I'M AN IDIOT, I didn't look at his sig.

Hey, Dell is awesome when you don't buy their consumer grade flax.
emot-colbert.gif
Stick with the OptiPlex, Latitude, and Precision lines. Never buy anything that says "Inspiron" or "XPS" on the front.

HP, Compaq, and Gateway are rubbish. (HP is probably going to fold their PC division soon, Compaq is owned by HP, and Gateway is horrible anyway.)

When I saw this thread just now, I didn't realize that J.D. wasn't the original poster.

I was gonna suggest Dell. :trollface:

I've got personal issues with Gateway. Sony is overpriced. Apple is for coffee-shop-hipsters. Asus loads bloatware. Acer... Don't go there. HP is dying quickly. Dell has build quality issues occasionally. Everyone else? don't even bother.

As clearly outlined, I have issues buying laptops.

DefectX11 said:
I've got personal issues with Gateway. Sony is overpriced. Apple is for coffee-shop-hipsters. Asus loads bloatware. Acer... Don't go there. HP is dying quickly. Dell has build quality issues occasionally. Everyone else? don't even bother.

As clearly outlined, I have issues buying laptops.
ASUS is great.
Dell's non-consumer lines are great.
T, X and W series Thinkpads are great.

Dell Latitudes and Vostros are pretty good. Their support site is the best; enter a 6 character code and BAM there's all the latest tested and approved drivers. :awesome:
I liked Apple better when they were doomed.
Thinkpads (proper ones, not Ideapads and Edges) are great too.
Thinkpad Edges have decent guts in them but they don't feel as solid as T and W line ThinkPads.
Metal IBM ThinkPads are friggin tanks but they're all pretty old by now.
Toshiba used to make great business laptops.
HP, Compaq, Gateway, and Best Buy loves their bloatwares.
Sony is for people who want to spend Apple money but not get their logo or OS.

Basically all consumer home laptops are creaky, fragile, disposable pieces of flax. :awesome:

e: VVVV doo eet. Do eet NAOUGHW!

bic said:
Basically all consumer home laptops are creaky, fragile, disposable pieces of flax. :awesome:

Just about right.
I admit, I've got an Apple, but for purposes of my own. Yes, it was Heck expensive, but in some cases worth it. SOME CASES.
Lenovo and the such haven't changed the case design since the 90's. I have a large amount of respect for that. Who doesn't want an i5 in a 90's laptop?
So yes, I generalized a bit. But still Sony is for "people who want to spends Apple money". I spent the Apple money, and yes, I got it for the OS. I don't like coffee shops and my pants are not rolled up my legs. I also have 20/20 vision so I can consider myself NOT a part of that generalized image I gave before.

May I use that quote in my signature?

Oh and Asus is good- but I helped to pull 30G of crap off a friends laptop. A FULL 30GB, if not more.

Back