Wheres the XBOX portables?

scorpio93

We've all seen GC, N64, PS2, etc.... portables, but where are the XBOX original ones? Reason why there aren't any and if you know of one do link!

I think theres only one, and it was huge!
The xbox is basically a computer, so it can't really be portabilized, but people make xbox laptops instead.

there are two in existence, i believe. mostly, the reason they arent popular, is because they are frieken huge, even with a 2.5" HDD and no DD. ive looked into making one but i decided it would be too large to truly be useful, especially if you need batteries. however, a laptop form factor is definently possible, and i plan on doing just that, if my screen ever comes through.

Batteries are what hold this system back quite a bit. You would end up with one heavy portable, even if you tsop'ed it with a bios that allows you to omit the disk drive.

Not many people even tsop their xboxes anymore, let alone try to make it portable. I tsop'ed xbox is pretty much required if you want a small unit.

You could always try to build one. :)

scorpio93 said:
That sucks because a XBOX hand held would be pretty tight. :confused:
I fully agree, however it'll probably be another 10 years before an adequate Xbox Handheld can be made.

Still no new battery technology, even though they said it was looking like they would be releasing it in the next few years, which thy said several years ago. *sigh*

Even with epic batteries it would be huge. The board is physically large and pretty much untrimmable. It also needs a somewhat fancy power supply. An XBOX laptop is epic, an XBOX handheld is a bad idea.

Imma be done with math. Forever. Though I was pretty good at it in school, I've never needed anything beyond multiplication and division, and some simple algebra once in a while. But I have always hated numbers with a passion.

I personally think that instead of an xbox PORTABLE, a small laptop would be pretty cool to see (netbook-sized ish?). I don't know how big the motherboard is in comparison to the case, but I don't imagine it's too big to use in a convenient laptop. Also, there wouldn't be much else you'd have to have in it, so it wouldn't be extremely heavy or thick. Maybe someone will give it a go eventually. :)

Back