What's wrong with the screen?

When you turn it over use the left pin. The one that has the black capacitor soldered to it. You can also, use a volt meter to check for the 5v output. If that doesn't work then there is another regulator (I think its a regulator) you can hook up the 7.5v to. All you have to do is desolder the power wire and move it nothing else has to be moved.

I'm sorry, I can't find ay black capacitors. Is there any way you could provide an image for me?

So, a ribbon cable will be suffice?

Also, if there's no resistor, where should I wire the positive leads of the LEDs to?

lol, you have so many topics I am a little confused on what we were talking about.

You will need resistors, I would use 33 ohm. The way I would do this is solder one wire to the regulator and then break that wire into how many LEDS you have. Add one resistor to each wire lead and then connect to the LEDS. Wire all the other sides of the LED together for ground and add it to any ground wire.

Lol, I would wait for some one to say thats right before doing it becasue for the controller I was wrong.

Alright, it turns out there was a bad connection with the LED leads. When I jiggle it, the LEDs turn on, but I'm still not getting any video! How can I fix it?

Also, I'm going to try to permanently fix the bad connection, but I need to go to work pretty soon.

If the solder is not working well you need to hold the soldering iron there longer. Wait until the solder bubbles a little and stops, then your joint won't turn out cold.

You could always do the RBG mod if you can't get composite to work. I don't know if the NES can do it though.

Since the LED work, I don't think the problem is that power isn't getting to the screen.

Try hooking up the composite wires to other composite ins on the circuit board.

Ok, I found a different problem. The ribbon cable that goes to the clamp hat hooks the screen to the motherboard came out of the clamp. I put it back in, and it seems fine, like it always has, but will I need a new screen? Also, how many/which of the connectors from the clamp to the motherboard are important, because one is broken.

They are pretty much all important. :( That COULD be the issue.

And yes, glue is good. Use a piece of paper to make it thicker, it will wedge in better.

I don't know if I am smart for doing this or not but, when something is not working and I was to try it in different places what I do is de solder the wiring I am working with. Turn the power on and slightly touch the wire that needs to be fixed to different places.

For example, I have de soldered the power for the screen and lightly touched to other power inserts with the main power on to see if those places worked.

You could do this for the ribbon cable when the system is on slighty put it on place and see if it comes on

Extra points: Always be grounded so, static doesn't do anything when touching the circuit boards.
Make sure if your dealing with a power wire not to touch a ground or that would be bad. I usually hold it by the plastic.
I have never tried touching the ribbon cable while the system in on so, try this at your own risk if you want to try it before you glue it and then when trying to take the glue off if it doesn't work damage the board even more.

Back