what does discharge rate mean?

airz

iv been looking around at batteries and i found a good deal on some lipos, but they are for RC cars. these batteryes have a discarge rate of 20C? i seen that the one that are recommended from batteryspace have a rate of 2C. does this matter? i was thinking it was more of a this is the maximum they can be discharged at?

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... duct=16207

i was planning on taking this one apart and making a 10000mha 11.1 or a 15000mha 7.4 depending on wenther my screen will run off 7.4 vols or not.

The rate in which a battery can discharge...

It's a maximum. If you really need a 20C discharge rate, then get those, but if what you're planning to build doesn't guzzle at that rate then don't bother.
If you don't, there is a way to calculate Coulomb rate. I just can't remember it right now.

Oh and if I'm horribly off, I'm sorry, it's been a year since I last reviewed this stuff. I do hope I'm right though.

DefectX11 said:
The rate in which a battery can discharge...

It's a maximum. If you really need a 20C discharge rate, then get those, but if what you're planning to build doesn't guzzle at that rate then don't bother.
If you don't, there is a way to calculate Coulomb rate. I just can't remember it right now.

Oh and if I'm horribly off, I'm sorry, it's been a year since I last reviewed this stuff. I do hope I'm right though.

sweet, thats what i figured... thank you.

Back