The definitive GC motherboard trimming guide

It's ok, as i told you that board is allready fried anyway.
Here some hazy (flaxty cellphone) pic:

5xl66e.png

Both are dol-cpu-01, in the left one (the one I mentioned before there's a 14legs amp' and a single bigger Cap. oposed to the 1R + 2Caps + 8 legs amp ar 2946.

Also, I got a small problem doing the cut on my new Rev A that you guys can maybe tell me if it's crucial. Take a look:

350nyaq.jpg

The Dremel sliped my hand when I was cutting sideways to have room for the 409 disc to go trough and did deep flax... Was so pissed, was nearly finished and the cut was going simply marvellous... the C 10 got a bit of a side cut but as far as I know about eletrical circuits it is still functional the thing is that I'm sure to have cut some traces in the area arround and I don't know if they are crucial or not for this to work, and specially if it's safe to wire it and turn it on. I'll be waiting. Thanks for all the help

Hi! My first post.
I learn all stuff in this forum before try my own GCP.

You guys awesome!!!

This is my GC-Mobo and is PAL (made in PHIL=Philipines? not TAIWAN)

This is a Phone photo,not cut or desold anything.

scaled.php

scaled.php

I was passed 20 years without use my soldering skills xDD Need some practice.

Maybe, if you need some(better) photos from this MB...

Thanks for this guide guys!! ;)

A question about this trimming guide.

If i have no plan to reduce my board:
what is the correct manual for me?

It's the medium cut the apropiate? or no need to relocate anything?

It's the only need to wiring points to video, sound and maybe the P1 to fit in my case? Or doesn't need to touch nothing?

Please! Don't be bad with me, i'm not speaking well

What language do you speak? If I under stand you right then for the medium cut you need to rewire Memory Card Connections, Controller port connections, Bios Battery connection, Video/Audio Connections and the 3.3v power input from the GC's regulator.

No plan for cut the board.
My question is what exactly the conecctions i need or if doesn't relocation anything.

Ashen said:
This is exactly how to wire up P1. It HAS to be the transistor from the same on the . None of the other transistors on the GC board are the same as the controller ones. But ones from the same spot on other boards should work too.

TransistorP1.jpg

So if I cut on the red line how do you wire it up?

this is simply amazing :eek:

this makes me want to portabilize another cube :D

ashen said:
Kasar - For making THE best complete GC portablizing guide for n0Obs.

lol, my guide is nothing compared with yours ^^

Back