We Are the World 25 for Haiti

pLover

Apparently plover is a type of bird.
I feel like this deserves it's own thread. Have you heard it? What do you think about it? Good, bad, mediocre? How do you think it compares to the original?

Personally, I think this remake did the song (which was already amazing) a lot of justice and made it sound SO much better. They could have made better choices for soloists than Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus. Susan Boyle, anyone? Also maybe Sean Kingston or Rihanna. Anyways, I feel that this accomplished the impossible: make We Are the World even better. At first I hated the idea, and I hated it even more after I found out the Justin Bieber, Miley Cyrus, and the Jonas Brothers were in it, but for the most part their poor singing was pushed out of mind by everyone else. I'm also glad they kept Michael Jackson's solos, and gave him a duet with Janet Jackson.

What do you think about this effort to help Haiti?

pLover said:
What do you think about this effort to help Haiti?

Most of the Artists who participate in events like this could themselves match the amount raised by donations twice over, and still barely be scratching their yearly salary, much less their savings.

flax like this does not constitute what I consider "Effort".

+1

It's always the rich people who beg the poor people to give to help others.

Meh I'm in a bad mood and being cynical today.

hailrazer said:
+1

It's always the rich people who beg the poor people to give to help others.

Meh I'm in a bad mood and being cynical today.

I thought I was the only one who noticed this! :dahroll:

Jlee, that was exactly what I said when that "Help for Haiti" telethon was on every *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing channel last month. Everybody at school told me I was being too hard on the rich people and that their lives were "stressful," too.

You know, i never looked at it that way, but it's so true.

If Michael Jackson were still alive, he would have given half of the This Is It proceeds to the Heal the World Foundation, which would go to Haiti.

...Probably.

Bill Gates could give away a billion dollars every year for the rest of his life, and still die with more than twice as much money left than Haiti's GDP.
(This is assuming he dies before age 83)

Stars like this only sign up for this stuff to look good and get free good publicity. If any of them had truely cared at all they would have given them some of their money as previously mentioned. So, this makes them look like the heroes is fake and stupid. But whatever, if some of them had given some of their money I would have been less harsh on them. But they didn't because artists like Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus only care about themselves and their status. So untill I see artists backing it up with some of their money and helping out I will look at this with cold eyes. I suppose I'm being too harsh but I have no sypathy for those who use good causes for their own gain.

DJ711 said:
Stars like this only sign up for this stuff to look good and get free good publicity. If any of them had truely cared at all they would have given them some of their money as previously mentioned. So, this makes them look like the heroes is fake and stupid. But whatever, if some of them had given some of their money I would have been less harsh on them. But they didn't because artists like Justin Bieber and Miley Cyrus only care about themselves and their status. So untill I see artists backing it up with some of their money and helping out I will look at this with cold eyes. I suppose I'm being too harsh but I have no sypathy for those who use good causes for their own gain.
I'm sure a lot of them actually do give money and just don't brag about it.

But then there are definitely others, like Miley Cyrus and Justin Bieber who just want to look good in the public eye.

Don't all celebrities get paid? Well I mean, some turn the offer down, but don't all celebrities get offered money for these things?

Back