VGA to those yellow input plug things

I've seen a couple things like this but they didn't really help. I have an extra vga moniter cord, I have extra little yellow plugs for video. I want to put them together so I can use my tv as a moniter.(no special ports on my tv, it's not that new.)

You'll need a converter. VGA to Composite. Quality will suck, partially because it will suck, and partially because computers look awful on TV's.

Here you go. I assume that you know how to read schematics, build a circuit, and have all the necessary parts on hand.

9iemxg.png

Wordpress Blog/Site YAP64/2 Mini Arcade Project

Seriously? If the crap quality, total lack of component values, and exceeding randomness of the schematic didn't tip you off, the file name should have. Just buy a converter if you really have to, but it will look like crap. Sorry, I was bored and in a trolling mood.

Yeah..... That's ok, I haven't the time. I haven't got the money either though... Otherwise I'd have bought one and not bothered posting this. But I think I'll save that for another time.

Disregarding everything. I decided to cut a vga/rgb(whatever it's called)cable in half and expose about 3 inches. I also have a yellow plug wire with about 3in. exposed. I'm assuming that I need to put something in between because I have the 1 wire(yellow plug) to the multiple wires(cable.) I guess I probably need to use that diagram anyway?

This is why there can only be one true Zero.

No, but seriously, don't even bother. If you are still determined to do this then get a video card that supports S-Video out because your TV should at LEAST have that, and if it doesn't then its time for you to get a new TV. Also, I don't know what you want to end up using this set-up for, but if you just need a cheap monitor then go to craigslist, there are people giving away CRT monitors for free all the time.

Step 1: Buy a new tv that has more than a coaxial input.
Step 2: Connect VGA port from PC to TV
Step 3: ??????
Step 4: Profit

In all seriousness, your only route is this, get a VGA to Composite converter (BUY one, dont make one.) Then get an RF modulator.

The picture on the TV will look crappy, but hey its what you want.

I'm not going to make one. I haven't got patience for flax even if I could do it. Really I just want to get rid of my monitor and save space. I have no money so I guess my only option is to wait. Oh well. Thanks anyway though.

Connecting your computer to a TV via composite or even s-video will look like flax. You will seriously regret getting rid of your monitor.

No, you really don't understand. You should never fully replace your monitor with your TV, even if its an HDTV with VGA, HDMI, or whatever. You can however replace your TV with a monitor if you really are that tight on space.

An HDTV should be okay, as long as it's a decently small size (22" is good, 26" is okay, 32" is pushing it) and preferably 1080p. Use DVI/HDMI if possible. If you don't, upgrade your videocard. Any sort of CRT, forget about it.

And yeah, you could do it the other way around, too, but with a TV you get more inputs and integrated audio. It's not as terrible an idea as Zero's post makes it seem. There isn't much of a difference these days. The other day I saw a TV being advertised as usable for a monitor as well.

They're starting to show up now. It's very new, though, yeah. Why do bigger TVs always get all the features first?

Back