VDC-NUS chip on PAL system

Diminuendo

would it be possible to replace the AVDC-NUS/MAV-NUS with a VDC-NUS chip, I know the two have different footprints, but would it be possible to connect the relitive legs of the chip up to where they belong with some wire? I ask this as it would be cheaper getting a VDC-NUS chip from America than it would a RGB compatable N64.

Yes, it's possible, at least in theory. The input signals from the RCP are the same, and I believe the power as well. In practice, you'd have to wire where the old chip used to be to the new chip, and both are tiny. You would probably have to build new video output circuitry as well.

It would probably be easier to do a PIF swap. That means you take an NTSC RGB-capable N64, and swap the PIF chip with one from a PAL console. This method has been used a few times before and is confirmed to work. You could do a region mod by switching between a PAL and an NTSC PIF, but I've never seen it done successfully.

I am totally up for the PIF swap, except getting one chip from the US would be cheaper than an entire N64, unless someone can send me one cheap

in the meantime anyone have a pinout?

well, I found this, anyone wanna fill in some of the blanks for me
n64_vcods.png

Specifically the VCC's

I would assume you wire what is needed to power it and what you need for RGB.

The bump wasn't that big. a little more than a week. and drue is a troll so no reason to point it out.
also you have 69 posts as of now :lol:

Diminuendo said:
no I don't, thanks for bumping this thread for no reason but to troll
VCC is the common voltage. In this case roughly 3.3v. I didn't fully understand your question. :/

Back