USB touchscreen monitor on the cheap?

DefectX11

What would be the best option? I'm specifically using USB video for a reason, same deal with the touchscreen. The ones I'm seeing on eBay are $120+ and are 7" and larger. What would best suit my project would be a 5" screen, and under $80.

If anyone's got some info, just let me know. If you've got one to sell, even better- PM me.

Thanks!

DefectX11 said:
What would be the best option? I'm specifically using USB video for a reason, same deal with the touchscreen. The ones I'm seeing on eBay are $120+ and are 7" and larger. What would best suit my project would be a 5" screen, and under $80.

If anyone's got some info, just let me know. If you've got one to sell, even better- PM me.

Thanks!
I have looked at USB monitors, and the smallest I remember seeing is 7".

This wouldn't happen to be for a Raspberry Pi, would it? I'm guessing drivers for it would give you a huge headache.

Ah, you got me.

I'm on the mailing list. I presume they come out tomorrow, and I'm ordering the higher end model. Possibly two, because we have a tenant. She'll "buy" one too :)

Drivers are going to be a pain, yes. I'll have to figure them out. But running emulators on this? Oh yes.

DefectX11 said:
Ah, you got me.

I'm on the mailing list. I presume they come out tomorrow, and I'm ordering the higher end model. Possibly two, because we have a tenant. She'll "buy" one too :)

Drivers are going to be a pain, yes. I'll have to figure them out. But running emulators on this? Oh yes.
Hah, good luck.
They're not available to most people outside the UK, and one of the two reseller sites won't allow people to buy. :/

So I've seen. I missed the firesale this morning, mistakenly thinking it would be at 10AM PST. Nope, it was earlier.

I'm going to look for one, and quite frankly I'm not going to care if I have to pay $50 for one. Or more, for that matter. I just REALLY don't want to wait a couple months for one of these- I've got a project, and I'd like to get it done.

Also- I'm getting a screen with composite input. It'll be the best, and cheapest option.

DefectX11 said:

As long as you get a DisplayLink USB monitor (I think they make touchscreen models as well), there's been a pretty ok driver in the mainline Linux kernel since 2.6.38. The name of the module is udlfb. If you really wanted to feel like an OMG1337HAXOR you could bypass X entirely and use libdlo, which has been capable of calling DisplayLink screens since 3.0.0, if I remember correctly.

Leave him alone. Not only is he not even necroposting, but he actually posted something helpful.

Let the moderators do the moderating.

Back