Unknown motherboard trouble.

T-Berg

I have two n64 motherboards which is rigged for use in portables. Both have cart slot relocations. They are both hooked up to ps1 screens. When i turn the systems on there is no response. Despite them both having worked before. It seems it is the same problem. There is absolutely no signal from them. Not audio no video. At the moment i use a PTH 08000 which delivers 3.09- 3.11 v. I tried with 3.24v but no luck with that either. So i dont think its undervolted. Could it be a problem with the amperage? I have also tried more than one jumper/expansion pak. Any help at all would be greatly appreciated. I have also charged the batteries so its not that either.

Same as i have always used. thick and single wired. doesnt know the thickness. But it has always worked.

Is it getting the 12v still?
check the screen and screen wiring?
wire to the back or front of the screen?

How exactly are you powering this? Once, I had troubles with this, because my system wasn't getting enough amperage..

i am using a battery i have used before. Its a 8.4 nimh 4800mah battery. I am using another step down regulator than last time. Its the pth 08000wah instead of the pth08080waz.
How did you fix the problem and how can you find out if its the case.

Well first of all, I was not powering with my batteries, but I had it hooked up to an adjustable desktop power supply. It wouldn't put out enough amps and everything would be all distorted. Your Nickle Metal Hydrate battery might not be doing the job, but I suspect something else..

Do you have a multimeter than can check amperage?

Did you wire the PTH08000 the same as the PTH08080?

Here's the pinout for the 08000 if you need it:
3v228.jpg

Just in case that's the problem....

Thx for all the help. I have tried it all with no luck :( I just cannot understand what is wrong with them. There is no friggin way they are fried.

Back