U8 Wiring

Also, you can wire the same controller data to players 1 2 3 and 4 and they all work. At the same time. It's pretty *Can'tSayThisOnTV*ing awesome. I will post a video sometime tomorrow.

SS

It would be cool if someone could grab a NAND and try this before I get back to school Jan 8th.

Is it 100% compatible? Do all controllers work with all accessories (rumble pack, memory pack, transfer pack, GB slot)? What about player 2, 3, and 4 data?

mymixed said:
You can make the N64 smaller. Also, the PIF is easier to solder to.

- mymixed
Not really. The U8 is right under the PIF which means cutting the U8 section off gains you nothing.
Any who, it doesn't look like you've even removed the chip. Remove it and let me know if the controllers still work. I'm not holding my breath though :p

ProgMetalMan said:
Is it 100% compatible? Do all controllers work with all accessories (rumble pack, memory pack, transfer pack, GB slot)? What about player 2, 3, and 4 data?

As far as I know, standard controls work. I've cut off the exp. pak port on the controller so I cant test any of that. If someone wants to test that, that would be helpful.

Not really. The U8 is right under the PIF which means cutting the U8 section off gains you nothing.
Any who, it doesn't look like you've even removed the chip. Remove it and let me know if the controllers still work. I'm not holding my breath though

Eh, It's just general information anyway. I'll keep looking into it.

- mymixed

The n64 will boot without it, but controllers won't work without the chip.

But what do I know :rolleyes:

So, it turns out the reason that works is because PIF-15 is common with the P1 data pin on the U8. Wiring just to PIF-15 won't work if the U8 isn't present.

Back