this will work right?

airz

after trying many variations im fairly certian this is the way to do it. but i thought it never hurts to ask.

also will a li-ion charger charge li-po batts? im getting mixed results though google. i have both but i rather use the li-ion cause its smaller..

PowerWiring.jpg

Your first switch will never connect anything to anything the way you have it. Just use SS's diagram the original way it was. You're making things overly complicated.

li-po's ARE li-ions. So yes, you may use a li-ion charger.

Ashen said:
Your first switch will never connect anything to anything the way you have it. Just use SS's diagram the original way it was. You're making things overly complicated.

li-po's ARE li-ions. So yes, you may use a li-ion charger.

i just forgot to bridge the connections from side to side of the switch right? but with ss's guide the console will turn on when you plug it in to charge. i dont want that. so the second switch will turn it off.

PowerWiring2.jpg

Yes, SS's diagram will power on when turned "off" to charge IF you plug in a wall power adapter to the wall power jack.

SS's diagram utilizes 2 power input jacks. One for battery charging and one for wall power adapters. So, the unit will NOT turn on if it is switched "off" with just the charger plugged in.

If you still want to do like you say using DPDT for the first and second switches is totally redundant. Just use SPDT's.

I would trust Ashen's advice more than my own, but I think that Li-Po's are more finicky and prone to damage than Li-ion.

Ashen said:
Yes, SS's diagram will power on when turned "off" to charge IF you plug in a wall power adapter to the wall power jack.

SS's diagram utilizes 2 power input jacks. One for battery charging and one for wall power adapters. So, the unit will NOT turn on if it is switched "off" with just the charger plugged in.

If you still want to do like you say using DPDT for the first and second switches is totally redundant. Just use SPDT's.

ya i just could not find the rocker switches that i want to use in a spdt. i also dont want to have 2 jacks. thats why im just putting the power adapter and the charger in the unit. and only have 1 outlet to power both.

ProgMetalMan said:
I would trust Ashen's advice more than my own, but I think that Li-Po's are more finicky and prone to damage than Li-ion.

They are electrically identical when it comes to smart charging and protection circuitry.

Back