The Ti-83 SP (1ST IN THE WORLD!!!) *UPDATED VIDEO!!*

zeldaxpro

UPDATED VIDEO

Hey everyone zeldaxpro here with my complete Ti-83 SP! It is the first in the world
(documented) to put a GBA SP inside a Ti 83 calc, keeping the original controls. Features:

Complete GBA SP Mobo (AGS-101 Model)
Original Ti control pads
Volume Wheel Pot.
Power Switch
Internal 10440 Lithium Ion Batteries (3.7v 1050mah total)
Charge port
Bi color Led (Green for power, Red for low battery)

Pictures:

Ti83SP1_zps85490c1e.jpg

Ti83SP2_zps4447f26f.jpg

Ti83SP3_zpsf01a05ea.jpg

Ti83SP4_zps04695239.jpg

Ti83SP5_zpsd0b63f5f.jpg

Ti83SP6_zps46ff2ec3.jpg

Ti83SP7_zpscbfca346.jpg

Ti83SP8_zpsb4f8a81d.jpg

Ti83SP9_zps33c5e671.jpg

Re: The Ti-83 SP (1ST IN THE WORLD!!!)

Looks awesome!

Although The case could use some painting.

But aside from that I like it :)

The Ti-83 SP (1ST IN THE WORLD!!!)

Thanks guys! And ShockSlayer I seen that one before, but he used an HP calc and he didn't use the calculators original controls.

absolutely amazing. I going to do this when i find a broken calc. How did you do the buttons?. did you set the dpad as the Up, Down, Left, Right on the calc? did you set a as shift with b as Alpha?

Rohan Loomis said:
absolutely amazing. I going to do this when i find a broken calc. How did you do the buttons?. did you set the dpad as the Up, Down, Left, Right on the calc? did you set a as shift with b as Alpha?

Thanks man! Yes for the Dpad is the calcs Dpad and the A is shift and B is alpha. I just used wire to correspond the buttons on the calc mobo to the GBA SP.

This is sweet. If I had this, I would totally play this during class all the time. Not that I don't play games in class anyway. I beat smb3 on my school laptop entirely during class time! So what kind of battery life do you get? I'm waiting for that video :awesome:

Thanks gman lol! I haven't timed for battery life yet but I will try. The original GBA SP battery is like 3.7v 600mah so it's definitely more. And don't worry, the video is coming tomorrow so stay tuned :)

Oh sorry I totally forgot about using it in class so yeah it definetly doesn't look like a gba awesome job! :)

Oh nice idea! I love it!

Isn't awkward to play with the layout inverted, since the D-pad's on the right side now?

public-pervert said:
Oh nice idea! I love it!

Isn't awkward to play with the layout inverted, since the D-pad's on the right side now?
might not be so bad if you're playing something like Pokemon.

If you're playing an emulator on the computer, the controls are inverted and it plays fine. I think this is a great idea and the fact that it's a stealth gameboy is awesome.

gman said:
If you're playing an emulator on the computer, the controls are inverted and it plays fine. I think this is a great idea and the fact that it's a stealth gameboy is awesome.
eww, do you use a keyboard when you emulate?

Um for some games it's kinda awkward, but it was built for personal preference. I usually just play pokemon games and some zelda games, so it's fine for me. Thanks!

grossaffe said:
well I kinda have to use a keyboard cause I only play emulators on my laptop during school, I've got a decently big console collection so I have no use for emulators at home.

gman said:
grossaffe said:
well I kinda have to use a keyboard cause I only play emulators on my laptop during school, I've got a decently big console collection so I have no use for emulators at home.
gross

Back