The screen that would dwarf all others.

Jewjo

I'm looking for a screen (TV? Computer monitor?) that's about 20''. I really don't want to pay a lot for it, and I think ~$50 is my price ceiling. Also, the lighter (weight) the better. If anyone knows where to find a screen like this, please don't hesitate to post a link in this thread.

However, I doubt that there is a deal on the internet matching my criteria, so I plan on looking in flea markets, hobby shops, etc., but I don't know what to look for in a screen (TV? Computer monitor?). If I need it to be compatible with my NES, what kind of specs or whatever, do I need?

By the way, this is for my NESArcade (link in sig), and can't be too large either. Dimensions are in the thread.

P.S. I know nothing about screens. :)

Thanks.

You won't be finding any LCDs for that price anywhere really, probably not even used. 15" computer monitors go for ~$50 on eBay. A tube tv ought to do, you are using a NES, so you'll need something with an rf/composite input, computer monitors won't do.

βeta said:
Find an old TV on craiglist.
This looks to be my best option. Since old TVs are really bulky, is there a way to trim them down? I really don't have room in my designs for a super large TV.

trim down a tube tv?

no. you can't. they are bulky for a reason.

maybe go to a junkyard and look for a dvd player screen from an suv or something.

Back