The definitive 3.5" Lcd review

Yep thats made by a different company. The one I bought will have a silver top and back. Slight difference I know but it indicates a different manufacturer.

But how does it look ?

Compared to yours, better imo. Picture quality was fantastic, backlit well and it didn't have as much of a problem with viewing angles as yours did. I'll definitely be buying this again if I need another 3.5" screen for anything.

I've been messing around with screen #3 and playing OoT on it and in the fire temple and at night I can't see anything. I want to experiment with some of the resistors on the board and maybe find one for the contrast and put a pot in parallel with it. So I have 2 questions

Can I fry the screen by bridging random fuses on the board when it's running on 3v?

And would using a POT in parallel with a resistor be the same as 2 resistors, but variable?

I'd love to have adjustable contrast on this screen. (trying to walk around in front of gannons castle is a nightmare :rolleyes: )

I would just like to say, I have owned screen #1 and screen #3. I like them both, but I would recommend screen #1 because it has a bit better contrast and it's compatible with more systems. Screen # 3 would not work with my Genesis or N64, but worked fine with my gamecube. Screen #1 has worked so far with an original xbox, a gamecube, genesis, and dreamcast. I would highly recommend it, since you can usually find it on ebay for $40 shipped.

Also, out of curiosity, do you solder with your left hand hailrazer?

zeturi said:
Also, out of curiosity, do you solder with your left hand hailrazer?

Left and right depending on what I am soldering.

When doing cart slots and expansion pack re-locating it is quicker to use both.

I was gonna say, I keep my soldering station on the left too, because that's the hand I solder with. It must be handy to be ambidextrous, eh? (No pun intended.)

Re: nm

This is not a necro-post. Rather, why is this in the megasticky, when it no longer contains any valuable information?

Re: nm

neverused said:
This is not a necro-post. Rather, why is this in the megasticky, when it no longer contains any valuable information?
I guess we were hoping that Hailraizer would return some time, and put his info back into this thread. It has been an awfully long time though, so probably not.

Back