The beginning of a new project - ASAP the name

Hello guys !

I'm going to start my own project of making a portable-GC. I've been looking around here to get some informations but I still have some, so I decided to put them here. For now, in order to let the community discussing about my (future) project, here is what I planned to use :

- Screen : I bought on Ebay a 7" LCD Rearview car monitor (this one)
- Mobo : I was planning to get a standalone GC ; nothing else decided yet (PAL/NTSC ?)
- WiiKey : Not bought yet.
- Case : I'm planning about making a vacuum-formed case ; I'll see really how I proceed it later
- Batteries : Nothing decided yet.

My first question : Would it be better to use a PAL or NTSC GC version ? I would like to try to use either the embedded screen or an external screen, so I know the version of the GC do matters because I know the PAL last revision doesn't have the digital screen output. Somebody already tried to do this ?

Second question : I'm a little confused about the voltages used in the GC ; as I would like my project to work also on batteries, I planned to modify the input tension and so changed the voltage regulator. Somebody as a paper on what voltages and where regulators are in GC ?

The last but not least : a special word to people who run/are involved in this forum ; you're doing a great job !

Back