The afternoon projects thread

I made more of these, for justice

SAM_5591Large_zps1edf20df.jpg

Nice new matte LCD screen in my Nomad! So much sharper and more colourful!

Album

Already have my own botched-together battery pack; next is a new speaker and some EPROM carts.

Built myself a record clamp out of a hockey puck yesterday. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it does, in fact, improve the quality of playback of my records!

First two pictures are the clamp itself -- a rubber hockey puck, which weighs around 5.5 - 6.0 oz., with a hole drilled in the center just large enough to slide over the turntable's spindle. I added the sticky-backed felt pads to the bottom to protect the record labels. Being made of rubber, and having knurled edges, it's easy to handle. Bottom picture is the clamp doin' its thing on my turntable with Wampire's newest album.

EfHCYYb.jpg

com64 said:
Nice new matte LCD screen in my Nomad! So much sharper and more colourful!

Album

Already have my own botched-together battery pack; next is a new speaker and some EPROM carts.

I lol'd irl @ your library being called DO BASEBALL

I love how for some people backlighting a Gameboy is a full-on project and for others it's an afternoon project.

That Gameboy looks sick, too. I'm jealous.

AfroLH said:
I love how for some people backlighting a Gameboy is a full-on project and for others it's an afternoon project.

That Gameboy looks sick, too. I'm jealous.

Thanks! When I first started backlighting Gameboys I also considered it a full on project because I would either mess up somewhere and have to take a lot of time to fix my mistakes or just straight up break a Gameboy in the process and have to try again. Now it takes me like half an hour or less :D. The only time I put a Gameboy in finished projects is when I paint one and add other things like prosound because painting especially takes a considerable amount of time.

here's a quick and easy audio amp external i put together the other day using a ds lite speaker and a li ion 3.7v battery :)

i won't be using a speaker in my ds lite mod, so this will be useful as i can plug it in a headphonejack of a GBA/ds/micro etc and it works as an speaker for said system :)

Fixed a rrod xbox 360 that I got for free ( :D ) last week by putting it in the oven and let it bake for 5 mins. It's fully working now even if it's really loud.

The tutorial I used as a base is called Xbake360 :)

WatsuG said:
Fixed a rrod xbox 360 that I got for free ( :D ) last week by putting it in the oven and let it bake for 5 mins. It's fully working now even if it's really loud.

The tutorial I used as a base is called Xbake360 :)
I've done that to my laptop.

Back